cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change batch info in transfer order before confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in WM. I have a storage type configured with putaway strategy 'B' (Bulk storage) and without storage unit management. We cannot turn on SU management according to client business process. At the time of TO create, system populates batch number and bin info automatically in TO item. The problem is, user can pick different batch from the same bin at his convenience. Now in this case i need to update TO with the new batch number before TO confirmation.

Any thoughts please ?

Thank you,

Asif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Standard SAP does not support creating a transfer order for a specific batch code and allowing user to pick a different batch at his/her convenience and then changing it before confirmation.

Edit: What Jurgen said

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>user can pick different batch from the same bin at his convenience<<<

No that is not a  correct process. The transfer order has already "order" in its name, the user is supposed to pick what is on the order.

If he picks something different then the order has to be cancelled or confirmed with a difference , then another TO needs to be created with the desired batch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

You can change the Batch in the Delivery Line item. Then System would pick the Source Bin from the batch mentioned in the Delivery Line item.

But If you have the special Function WMTA is already activated , then the Delivery would be created with the Transfer Order already created.

So Either Cancel this WMTA and create a TO after the Delivery is created or maintain the Proper Batch Determination Strategy.

Thanks,

Sai Arala