Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preceding zeros to be displayed in adobe forms for VBELN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to Adobe forms.

I have a requirement to display preceding zeros.

My field is simple VBELN (Sales Order) field. When I bind the same in adobe forms, it drops the preceding zeros.

I have checked at the very end of code initialization in interface. Till the very last line, the preceding zeros exist for the field which is bound.

I tried giving fixed length, it did not work.

I tried treating the field as NUMC, it did not work.

I tried "Allow Zeros" part in pattern, it did not work.

I have also searched the forum. There are many threads about not showing it, but none about showing the preceding zeros.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226239
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do the following simple thing and let me know:

data: lv_vbeln type char10.

lv_vbeln = '0000000001'.

Bind this field in the adobe form.

-Chandra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

As suggested by Chandra, I made a custom field without a routine and it is fixed.

So, what I wonder is -

Is there any option in Adobe forms to turn on/off conversion routine for a particular field?

What I did was making a change to a custom field, whereas there are other areas where I have directly referred to database table/structures where conversion routine is used by default.

Will I have to copy the standard tables to custom space and remove the conversion routine wherever required?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure of your requirement, the data-element VBELN has already ALPHA conversion, so in SAP leading zeroes are removed if only numeric characters? (At least "detach" the field from its SAP ddic definition if you want leading zeroes to be displayed.)

However, the problem may be in the Adobe form, so you may better post in one of its space as SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe (*).  How did you define the field in the form: Alphabetic/Numeric with or without pattern..

Regards,

Raymond

(*) And look for documents as Adobe forms Most common requirements

sab125
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

the solution is done by Chandra.

To understand why, the VBELN is based on Domain VBELN

The VBELN domain has Conversion Routine

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT

This *ALPHA_OUTPUT routine will apply automatically when displaying the Sales Order and the leading zeros will be remove.

Use Chandra solution and it will work