cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom put away strategy in SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to develop a custom put away strategy in SAP WM for addressing the requirement of capacity check by volume. SAP supports bin capacity check based on quantity/ weight but not volume. Also SAP doesn't support capacity check for mixed products at all.

Our requirement is to support mixed products, addition to existing stock and volume based capacity check.

Question 1.

If we code our requirement in user exit around capacity check based on volume, can system still follow rest of standard logic of search strategy, mixed product indicator, addition to existing stock etc.? Or do we need to specifically code everything while we go for our custom strategy? Can we have option of only modify capacity check relevant code and let system work as is based on other configuration parameters?

E.g. let's say we would like system to use this user exit code for next empty bin strategy 'L' as well as strategy 'P' based on what we configure along with user exit.

Question 2.

When we activate user exit, does system provide us an option of creating a new custom strategy altogether e.g. 'Z' or we can simply enhance one of the existing one.

Question 3.

What should be selected in search strategy field if system doesn't allow us to code new strategy e.g. 'Z'?

Question 4.

Can we use total capacity field available on Storage bin to storage overall volume capacity? Since Storage bin doesn't have any UOM field for total capacity, I was wondering that if we make it part of out custom coding to calculate open volume bin capacity based on some fixed UOM (in some ztable). Will it work? Or do you suggest we should not store Volume capacity on bin master at all and make it part of custom table based on bin type.

I am not sure, if this would be sufficient information to provide answer. Please let me know if you would like to know more for providing answers.

Thanks in advise,

Best regards,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I move it to ERP area where you can get more help from WM experts.

Regards,

Claire