cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Notification Defect Types - Where do they come from?

0 Kudos

Hello,

All of our notifications are currently F2's created directly the results of an inspection, but here, we want to manually create the notification, using F1's and define the defect types. When I look at Notif. Type F1 in our test box, depending on the material # in the reference field, the defect types under the code groups changes and I cannot figure out the logic behind it, or where it is defined. Does anyone know how this occurs?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A catalog profile is defined in Customizing and then assigned to the notification type.

In transaction QS41, select the Catalog type as 9 - Defect types. Go to the details screen, under code group you can have codes for defects.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The catalog profile is set to 9 for defect types. we have hundreds of code groups set up, but I still don't understand how some are getting to the notification type f1 and others are not. Where in SAP do you define which specific code groups are assigned to notif type F1?

Sorry if I was clear the first time.

Thanks,

Matt

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check below two configuration

1. Define Catalog Profile

2. Catalogs and Catalog Profiles for Notification Type

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In catalog profile you assigned all defect type code group and then that profile is assign to your notification type.

SPRO--Quality Management--Quality Notifications-Notification Content--Catalogs and Catalog Profiles for Notification Type

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar