cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Data Flow - File Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working on HCM to SuccessFactor data migration using RDS. Most of the extract jobs using ABAP data flow for extracting data from HCM system. While executing the job, facing following challenges. Could you please me to resolve?

We have installed SAP BODS 4.2 SP6 for data migration.

1. ABAP file not creating. Job errored out as follows:  Same program generating ABAP file in different SAP BODS server (Test Instance). Do we need to install any specific component for make it working?

PMError opening file <D:/MOHAN/BODS_ABAP/ZPA0000.abp

2. Unable to read file generated by ABAP. In test Instance ABAP file generated and output file stored in given SAP directory. While reading output file from SAP Directory, BODS throwing Error "Check the Permission" . I would like to understand what kind of access to be setup between SAP HCM and BODS system.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the input. I am working with basis team to deploy the functional module.

Regarding Point# 2, Which user ID should grant access to the SAP shared directory for accessing file from BODS. There are 3 different user:

1. User ID given in Data Store (SAP User ID)

2. BODS user id

3. User ID used for installing BODS (job server uses this ID for running jobs)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need any temporary file if you use the RFC data transfer method. To be specified in the ECC datastore definition.

And it will improve your extraction performance, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

We are using RDS. There are predefined mapping uses ABAP data flow. Also I tried direct extract without temporary file, but it failed for the error  RFC Buffer exceed.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can safely change the data transfer method, even for an RDS.

Check with your Basis team why you are getting an RFC Buffer exceed error message.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provides couple of function modules to install on the SAP application server and these function supports operations like "dynamically loading and executing ABAP programs from Data Services, efficiently running preloaded ABAP programs, allowing for seamless metadata browsing and importing from SAP servers, and reporting the status of running jobs".

You many need these function to make your connection work properly.Refer the Data Services technical manual for more information.