cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - AppDevelopment (Agentry): List Tile View dynamic filtering

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a detail screen, and two List Tile View controls (call them A and B) on the screen.  I want to dynamically filter List Tile View B when the user clicks on a row of List Tile View A.  There is a common property between the two List Tile Views that will be used for the filtering.  I see that you can filter a List Tile View when it first loads with an Include rule, but don't see a way to dynamically filter based on an action fired by another control.  Is there a way to do this in Agentry?

Thank you

Tim Sheppard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you can do this but you won't use an action. 

On list Tile View B, under the List Tile View Data / Styles tab you can define an include rule for the B collection that will return true if the row of B matches the field in A that is currently selected.  The include rule will execute for each row of the collection and only those rows where the rule returns true will be displayed.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill,

That worked, thanks!  I was under the assumption that the List Tile View's include rule was only for initial data load and didn't realize that it would work dynamically.  Thanks again.

Tim Sheppard

Answers (0)