Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead with Out Prospect

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts

I got a question from our business that it is possible save lead with out entering prospect number ?. for some reason, to add some flexibility to lead process, we should save lead without entering prospect number and latter prospect  number will be  entered ?. 

If I try to save lead with out entering prospect number currently it is giving error, can you help me to understand how I can overcome this issue ?. 

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

it's fairly easy to set the mandatory option for a field. Just find the correct component and view via the F2 Help in the WebUI, start the Component Workbench and navigate to the Configuration Tab.

There you can click on a field and check the Mandatory Box or disable it.

See my attachement for further reference:

Regards,

Markus

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus , Thanks , I unchecked the box as you mentioned, and also I made zero in partner procedure for number of partner function. and also unchecked the change button in partner procedure. But still it displays red message that 'prospect is missing' , however, it allow me to save lead document .

any idea how to nullify this red error message?. thanks

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in order to get rid of the error message you would need to adapt the Partner Determination Procedure for Opportunities.

Inisde the customizing pick you Partner Determination Procedure and there the Business Partner (Prospect). There you need to change the "No. of Occurences (Lowest)" to 0, refer to my attached Screenshot:

The question is, does an Opportunity without a Prospect make any sense business wise? Nevertheless, this is the procedure to adapt this functionality.

Regards,

Markus

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

I made it 0 , still I am facing same error.

Yest it make sense for our business , latter we will add prospect, some time when we create lead we don't enter prospect. thanks  

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, the 0 is not a plausible input, just leave the field blank, this won't generate an error message.

Furthermore, I've found this KBA: 2206792 - Mandatory Partnerfunction in WEBUI which describes the exact same case and tells you how to resolve it.

Regards,

Markus

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree , thanks for your help , good input.

Answers (0)