cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Personas 3.0 SP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before suggesting our client to upgrade to SP02, I would like to precise some things:

Will it work fine with current system:

I read somewhere that then we should upgrade not only patch level to 317/318 or 319 but also to UI_750? Although Configuration guide here doesn't mention it.

What else should be considered before upgrading? As I see on the forum there's quite a lot problems, so maybe as we are between dev and qa systems upgrading now wouldn't be such a great idea??!

thanks for input

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

you should absolutely patch the kernel to 319 at the moment. That's the suggested patch level and i experienced a lot of issues with lower patches, so i'd recommend it.

I don't think you need the UI_750 patch. As far as i know it's needed if you want to use SAP Screen Personas with WebDynpro, so you should check that with your customer.

Of course you need to make sure to implement the recommended notes for SP02 at latest version.

Regards,
Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Christoph is correct.

PL 319 is not available anymore on SMP but you can go to 320. It is still not 100% tested with Personas (that's why it is not the recommended patch level in the main note yet), but so far we haven't seen any significant problem with it.