cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Framework in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

Am new to EWM technical and could somebody please help me the technical stuff in EWM.

What is the major differences between RF and EWM RF.

If any material please share.

Thanks

Karnam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karnam,

well RF means simply  "Radio Frequency".

What do you mean by "EWM RF"? Do you mean the EWM RF framework?

Maybe you can start having a look at the online documentation, e.g. Radio Frequency Framework - SAP Library

You can also have a look at the following posting of Matthias Keller (you can find it under the documents tab) where a lot of useful documents are linked. For example

RF Cookbook | SCN

Best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your reply, I just want to understand what is the major difference between Normal RF and EWM RF on techicanl side.

Thanks

Karnam

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to adding programming logic in the Web Dynpro ABAP events PBO (process before output) or PAI (process after input).

The framework will set up the GUI status with the function codes that are defined in the IMG for the RF transaction.

Predefined function codes INIT & ENTER are available in the frame work.If required more , we can copy and create new one.

EWM RF is more flexible to maintain the presentation profile & personalisation profiles at functional consultant level itself.

If it is required to go with screen modifications like split screen & modify screen, then only technical involvement  is required in EWM RF functionalities.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reddy,

Could you please provide some technical stuff related to this EWM RF Freamework apart from that RF cookbook.

Actually My requirement is to copy few screens from other standard tranasction and few I have to created by own, so i wanted to know what will be the technical efforts in this case.

Thanks

Pandu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below link for the technical details of EWM RF Framework:

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63848

Warm regards,

Ali