Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SCN secured well? :)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since I wrote an answer to one of the discussions before I am always informed by "noreply@sapnetworkmail.com" when someone writes to this discussion.

Today I got an email like below.

DiscussionMail.jpg

When I try to goto the "View Full Discussion" link from the mail I faced with below "Unauthorized" screen.

DiscussionMail_2.jpg

So, if I am unauthorized why SCN is sending me the answer mail?

If I was sent the mail, why it is unauthorized?

Could someone tell me the reason?

Thanks and Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe we should ask Jelena Perfiljeva  when she actually wrote that reply.

When I saw it appear this morning around 10 CET then I thought that she must have a sleepless night in North Carolina.

Actually I think that her reply was under moderation. For a couple days already the emails are quicker than the update in the streams. And especially there is currently a bigger delay between a moderator action ( to make something visible or hidden ) and the content itself.

I mean, I saw people adding a reply an hour after the rejection, and similar it might work the other way around, something gets released (and mail send) and it takes about an hour until you can access it.

The technical team is already informed.

12 REPLIES 12

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder whether the link points to the correct discussion thread... I don't have e-mail notifications enabled, so I have no way to check that.

Do you experience the same issues for other threads?

What if you are already logged in to SCN and enter the url in the browser in a second tab?

If you experience the same problem with other threads as well and in different browsers, I would suggest to post in SCN Support, so that they can sort it out.

0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

This is the first time I face the issue.

I tried opening the link how I do always.

I cannot create the case again now.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't do email notifications either, but I suspect Veselina may be onto it. The actual thread is still present and active, including Jelena's comment that triggered your notification.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe we should ask Jelena Perfiljeva  when she actually wrote that reply.

When I saw it appear this morning around 10 CET then I thought that she must have a sleepless night in North Carolina.

Actually I think that her reply was under moderation. For a couple days already the emails are quicker than the update in the streams. And especially there is currently a bigger delay between a moderator action ( to make something visible or hidden ) and the content itself.

I mean, I saw people adding a reply an hour after the rejection, and similar it might work the other way around, something gets released (and mail send) and it takes about an hour until you can access it.

The technical team is already informed.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the reasons unknown to humanity my reply went into "premoderation" and was posted in the middle of the night (for me). I think by that time I already forgot about it.

If memory serves, someone else mentioned recently their response in Coffee Corner (possibly to the same discussion) went into premoderation too. Looks like a conspiracy to me.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The moderators want have an exclusive early laugh - and then they are releasing it to the public

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I try to follow your (Moderators) discussions and enjoy reading them.

You all have respect to each other and make very reverent jokes to each other.

I know that it is not easy, but I also want to be a moderator and join you when you are laughing.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heh. Be careful what you ask for.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I don't have an eye on seats of Moderators or Mentors indeed.

Just wanna get some info crumbs from them.

Be closer get more.

Thanks for your warning.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yüksel, did you try those links again later? This might fit to my experiences today. Updates to threads were announced in the communication corner and shown in the preview there. But they were missing for quite a while in the original thread view.

If this continues like this tomorrow i will have a look at the support corner.

Cheers,

Lutz

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lutz,

There is no Unauthorized issue any more. I just tried that link from the mentioned answer mail.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm happy this was resolved. It was probably a one time glitch that send Jelena's comment to moderation.

Regards,

Moshe