cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select Packaging material type at inbound creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When create inbound and try to pack materials up in HU I type in the packaging material (9999999), system uses internal number range and created HU but with packaging material type ZCOL. ZCOL has been created as a packaging material type linked to material group GPAK. But, I have a few different packaging material types linked to this group so why does the system automatically select ZCOL and why can I not edit it to a different packaging material type?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clayton,

Could you please confirm whether you are using tCode VL31n/VL32n during which it's not possible to change the packaging material type?

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was using VL31N. However, I realized my mistake. I was typing in the packaging material which ofcourse is linked to a packaging material type. I was under the impression that you could chose the packaging material type as you could have many linked to one packaging material. But, seems that link is only for users when creating material masters to limit the amount of allowable packaging material types based on the group. So now all I did was select the button to pack and the system proposes all the allowable packaging materials based on the group and then I can select the one with the wanted packaging material type.

Thanks

Clayton