Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query : SAP Hybris and SAP DQM

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Recently, we were planning to implement the Postal Validation in SAP Hybris and to do that we thinking of utilizing SAP DQM functionality.

But the query is, Is it possible to integrate SAP Hybris with SAP DQM? If yes, then how ?

Please help me with your valuable suggestions or a reference material.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your insights.

To close the post:

1. As of now there is no standard process available for SAP DQM and SAP Hybris integration.

2. We chose the web service approach for achieving the advantage of the DQM functionality.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I'm in the same path you were months ago.

I need to leverage DS DQM services from Hybris Marketing.

How about you? have you designed the final solution? do you have any news on the feasibility of this integration?

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

Please refer my blog on this -

Regards - Santosh G.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree that DQM doesn't support hybris.

But, hybris can consume web services and I was of the thought that if we could deploy the DQM services using SOA to hybris and then use the DQM functionality.

In short, it would work like : 

1. Hybris calling DS DQM web service

2. DS DQM performing the validation

3. Returning the result to hybris.

I am confused whether this would be practically achievable or not. Please suggest if you have any idea.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At first glance, there's no problem to achieve that.

You will need the Data Services side of DQM. cleansing jobs and directories. Maybe, there's a way to purchase only the directories and build your own cleansing jobs in Data Services. (You don't need the functionality of ERP; CRM; MDG and the RFC server).

These jobs could be set up as real-time services, and then, published in the web service of Data Services to be consumed by third-party applications.

--> In DS 4.2: The software supports SOAP 1.1, WSDL version 1.1, 2.0 and 2.1, and Apache Axis 1.1 (an industry-standard SOAP message handler and WSDL parser).

Check also that:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_integrate_en.pdf

All you need is in the chapters 2 and 3.

Regards

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nestor,

Maybe I'll trouble you again but, for now I'll explore more on this bit. Feeling Relieved.

Regards,

Santosh

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, there is a Data Quality Management license key available that unlocks the Data Quality functionality inside of Data Services.  You can purchase the Referential data required for the countries you are planning on processing.  There are Data Quality Blueprints available that demonstrate how to configure the Data Quality transforms for use if you want a place to start.  We do not recommend that you use the DQM for SAP jobs or services unless they are being called by the provided code/RFC server. 

Thanks,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for curiosity, why does DQM jobs are not recommended for web service?

I see some nested levels in the XML schema that p.e. ERP doesn't like, but, is there another reason?

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The main reason is because the jobs change and the changes are not document as it is expected that they are only used and consumed by the RFC server.  Typically the changes are either not seen by the end user or can be seen as an improvement to the end user (output fields for the suggestions lists changed drastically recently).  But what this also means is that any custom work done using them can and often times will break as the returns change. 

These jobs have been changing over the years to simplify them and work more specifically towards the design of SAP and the ADRC table and this specific use case.  For the suggestion list, they changed to make it more clear what data is presented without having a large number of blank fields in the order expected for the country. Its not as large of a problem if you are not using DQM for SAP itself, but upgrading the ABAP, expects an upgrade to the RFC and the jobs, which is where the sudden change causes custom applications to break.  This is why if they are going to be used, you would start with replicating the job.

The other thing that you can see with them is that the newest versions are not combining the input house_num into an expected format for the country being processed.  Most custom applications don't present a user with the fields as in the adrc table.  The jobs are moving to use the new Netwiever fields that have been added to GAC (for the specific use case of the ADRC table) have to be used carefully as some data on a field by itself doesn't provide insight for the engine to understand what the data is. 

The way the assignment engine is designed it uses key words and or patters to identify data, so a number on a field by itself will be seen differently than number with a secondary address indicator.

In custom apps, presenting the engine with the data in the expected form for a country is typically the best way to help the engine make the best assignment.  You can always output the data in the discrete fields if you want them.  there are a large number of output fields available to give the user the data in the format that they want for their business rules. 

As far as the matching goes there may be a better way to perform the same functionality using the Batch that would perform better for the number of records, or even the results themselves based on the business rules.  The way the match logic works inside the job uses thresholds set on the SAP side, rather than in the transform itself, so you might want to customize it to better meet the business rules of the project.  We do have the blueprints that are designed as the starting place for customers to help understand the functionality and power of the transforms themselves.  There are a lot of options available to help meet the business needs.    

All of the functionality that is available in these jobs, is available in Data Services were creating a simple job may be the best solution.  Any job created would be upgraded and supported as Data Services. 

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Virginia for providing a deep insight.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

Is this issue resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

SAP DQM for sap solutions is only available for SAP ERP, SAP CRM and SAP MDG right now, as you could see in the summary here:

Data Quality Management for SAP - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki

regards,