cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the name that is displayed for a dimension filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to Design Studio and have inherited a dashboard from a consultant. The dashboard is built on an IDT universe which I created.

The consultant chose to leave the displayed name of the dimension filters as the dimension name from the universe (see attached screen shot).

Question: how do I change the displayed name of the dimension Region State to State?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see a way to change that in Design Studio; is it possible for you to change to desired description back in IDT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a possibility but the IDT universe is a general resource and I don't know how feasible it would be to customize if for every dashboard or report that uses is. There are actually three state vaues in the data so calling one merely State might cause confusion. I was hoping that the label name was more directly accessible. CSS maybe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

With CSS you could make the text white and then apply a background image with your desired text. But you have to create the image with the exact pixels so it won't be too much of discrepancy between this one and the others. It will be a pain in the ass to be honest. Better, I would add a text before the dimension filter and just remove the dimension filter text. This is in a property of this component

Regards,

Bogdan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Many thanks! Not the answer for which I was looking but there you go!