cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message log missing in message monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on PI 7.4. While monitoring a few interfaces I came across messages that  did not have any message details to it. This kind of behaviour is not regular by my PI system and occurs randomly. I can see messages from same interface having all the message details as well therefore it is not even specific to a particular interface.

Please refer to the below screenshot.

Can anyone suggest what can be done to fix this as most of my scenarios are sender JDBC and message log is important for troubleshooting the issues.

Please help!

Thanks

Shivangi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply.

To add, I already have the below parameters in NWA set to a value of 10 days.

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default (for inbound messages)

xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default (for outbound messages)

Also, the issue can be seen with messages that were not even an hour old as well.

Is there anything else that we might be missing in our system?

Thanks

Shivangi

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivangi,

By default audit log entries are temporarily stored in memory not in the database.

The >= PI 7.1 AF Messaging System does not, by default, persist the audit logs of successfully processed asynchronous messages.

Instead the audit logs for successful asynchronous messages are stored in an internal memory cache which is flushed on system restart. The logs, while stored in the cache, are available for monitoring but cache entries are evicted - using a 'least recently used' (LRU) removal strategy - when the cache is full. The longevity of cache entries is dependent on message throughput.

The audit logs for unsuccessfully processed messages continue to be persisted and are therefore available for troubleshooting.

If you want to change this default behavior you need to change the parameter  messaging.auditLog.memoryCache to false of XPI Service : Messaging System

Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services -> XPI Service : Messaging System

Check below sap note for more details.

1314974 - Successful asynchronous messages - audit log persistence

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Shivangai Sharma

i think,  by default in 7.4  you can see only two days of Message log details . if you want to the earlier days message log, you need to change the parameter value as i suggested.  i hope, check the you message delivered date, it may be 2 day earlier transaction.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam

check the below discussion

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

i think your message log been archived it seems.

you need to change the parameter value NWA-java system properties --service --XPI Adpater: XI-- and change the parameter value of

xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default

&

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default

default value is  86400000 (one day )so we’ve to calculate based on the no# days i.e for 15 days log (86400000*15) is 1296000000.

fyr.

Regards

Ramesh