cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports: Calculated totals recalculate last record when moved to footer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that correctly calculates a few running totals in the Details section.  However, I cannot figure out how to get these totals to the Report footer without the report recalculating the total based on the last record a second time.

I have tried a subreport, and the many other things I have seen online, to no avail.

Report is attached.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The report you attached does not open in CR.

Simply drag and drop the Running Total field on the Report Footer and that display the Grand Total.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

I tried to copy the report, but it would not allow me to upload that format; it is a text file of my totals calculations.  I am actually calculating several totals in that formula.

It there another way for me to get you my report to look at? 

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may send it to my e-mail (the address is in my profile).

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason you get incorrect totals on the footer is because the same formula field has been used on the Details as well as the footer.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Remove all formula fields from the Report Footer

2) Create a new formula called 'DisplayStatSEG_10' with this code:

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar STATLT10;

Drag and drop this formula field on the Report Footer below the 'StatSEG_Disp10' field.

3) Repeat step 2 for all the other summary fields. Make sure you change the formula name as well the variable name in each formula.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked!  Thank you!  Very simple - ashamed to think I spent two days playing with this.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)