cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation of enhanced layout of bex query in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the filtering condition of a column (Key figure)  in a bex query. As it is hardcoded I created new query based on existing one and now I need to transport this to production. Do I need to transport all objects associated with the query element for examples Infoproviders, infoobjects etc .

As there exist query and associated objects in production will this new query will overwrite all previous objects after transportation.

Please let me know how to do this step by step.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

No need to transport info objects and targets which already exist ar prod.

Just you can collect your new query(from RSA1-->Transport connection) with all query elements, RKF,CKF,variables and exists.

please use grouping option as only necessary objects before collecting into TR from RSA1-->transport connection.

Before releasing transport request, lets check, whether your TR have any issues or not.

Use Tx - SE09/10.

Menu, Request Task -> Complete Check -> Check Request Consistency.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman for the information.

Your suggestion worked well. Now I have three info objects having 40 characters length however the data that they content is not fully visible in query. So I want to change the info objects bex description property to long description.

Can I only transport these objects  to production or I have to transport query again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you are changing the info-object description from bex properties, you need to transport query again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

As I'm going to change only display property of info object do I need to transport transformation, info cubes, query etc. Info object also has transformation routine however there was no any change in length or logic etc. Only I want to full length display of data as coming in to info cube.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

oh, you are referring to bex description in info-object general setting (rsd1) ? if yes, then you need to transport info-object alone (also, check info-object data flow before and after to make sure nothing got deactivated).

you only need to transport only those objects  which you made changes, if you are trying to enable long description in in-object and then change the same in query designer , then transport query too.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

If you are making a change to your BEX Query Properties of Infoobject from short to Long Text , then just collect the Query and move it.The Basic assumption here is that in RSD1,Infoobject Level ,the Long text is Ticked and we are already getting the LONG Text in Production.

rgds

SVU

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick response.