cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting more than 999 line item in Lockbox feed - RFEBLB00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you assist how can we post bank lockbox entries more than 99 line item for a single customer in two batches with same payment advice number

Previously the system use to have to split LB feed if its more than 999 line items as 01 & 02 (as per attached screen shot) with same payment advice.

This scenario does not happens frequently ( every two or three months). System was working good till Dec-2015 & something got broke it,now system is through errors as "Cannot Process as line item exceeds 999" if teh file feed is more that 999 line item for single customer.

can you help to understand what setting needs to be done in system so that system can process split the batches if the file feed is more than 999 for a customer.

We are using BAI2 format.

Appreciate your time & effort.

Dave.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can help us in the issue. The said SAP Notes are too old. We are in ECC 6.0 (7.2) version.

Appreciate your help.

-Dave

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if you are on ECC 6, the OSS note 538300 and the corresponding referenced notes,681901 are still very much relevant, especially, the manual implementation in user exit EXIT_RFEBLB20_001, which can be used to tide over the issue of 999 line items, especially if you have been splitting the payment advise. Please have a look at the codes in the two OSS Notes, which I mentioned and see if this issue is happening only for a specific customer(s).  I have faced a similar issue some time last year in my project and we had an issue with the user exit i mentioned.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanil. Let me try with my technical team to check exit suggested by you.

Appreciate you time & effort.

-DaVe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

We checked said notes & we have already implemented as per note 681901 .

e_avik-vorgc = 500.         "Split every 500 positions.

Issue currently we are facing is that when we system splits 500 line item & remaining lines total is in negative it does not create document.

do anyone know how the negative amount in lockbox  can be taken care after the spilt

thanks - DaVe

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can break up the accounting entry using a intermediate clearing account. So for eg if your accounting entry looks like

Bank A/c Dr  5000

Bank A/c Dr  6000

To Customer A  700

To Customer A  1300

To Customer A  2500

To Customer A  2500

To Customer B  1000

To Customer B   2000

To Customer B   3000

You can write a code in the enhancement to split it like this

Bank A/c Dr    5000

Bank A/c Dr    6000

To Intermediate Clearing A/c   11000

Intermediate Clearing A/c  Dr 11000

To Customer A  700

To Customer A  1300

To Customer A  2500

To Customer A  2500

To Customer B  1000

To Customer B   2000

To Customer B   3000

The negative entry in your case will be offset by the intermediate clearing A/c. Also the other leg in the Intermediate clearing a/c will be offset by the Bank part as in my case. It is just a matter of opening one new GL Account and using that to break up the larger accounting entry with more than 999 no of line items into two or more accounting entries with the net balance in intermediate clearing a/c being always zero. This way you should be able to automate completely the Lockbox process.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you do any upgrade in the recent time? There are two OSS Notes 163151 and 538300 which provide a way out for splitting the lockbox postings into two documents. Please check with the help of a ABAP Colleague if this functionality has been broken.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we not upgraded recently. will check the oss notes mentioned fixes the issue.

- Dave