cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will DQM duplicate check work without running Quarterly Adjustments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DQM experts,

Can someone help clarify as I am new to DQM.  I am running DQM 4.0 SP2.  My question is if the Quarterly Adjustment reports are not executed (for example in a production client where table /FLDQ/AD_MTCCODE is empty)  will the check for duplicates be invoked when creating new  'vendors' or  new 'Customers'?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Yes, the duplicate checking could be configured and activated (for interactive and batch mode) although quarterly adjustments are not executed.

But, well, the suggestions of duplicates showed will be much (so much) worse because your addresses are not standardized.

regards,

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where are you seeing the 4.0 SP2?  are you looking at transaction SPAM?  the product version report?  4.0 SP2 was originally released in 2012.  We typically do not have new customers on SP2 any longer, but we do have confusion with the version because of when support was added for BASIS 740.  The product version report will provide the necessary information.  /fldq/rsprodver

If you do not have a populated match code table, duplicates will not be found against records that exist in your system.  they will only be found in records that have been modified and match codes created.

If you create match codes without running the quarterly reports, as Nestor mentions, your results can be poorer because the codes could be different.

Thanks,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virginia,

When I execute the report /fldq/rsprodver the version I have is shown  below along with may others but these are the two I believe relate to DQM.

FLDQ Software Component Version Information:

FLDQ     440_731      0004           SAP BusinessObjects DQM for SAP Solution

Data Quality Server Version Information:

SAP Data Services      14.2         SP1            SAP Data Services Version 14.2.1.224

Which of these indicate the version of DQM?

Additionally, I can confirm that when I stop the DQM services (FLRFCSRV1 services on the EIM), and then create a new 'Vendor' no entry is created in the /FLDS/AD_MTCCODE table.

When I reactivate DQM by starting the FLRFCSRV1 services and then create a new Vendor, I then see a matchcode entry created in the /FLDQ/AD_MTCCODE table.

(This actually leads to another question as to how does one really go about stopping DQM? Stopping services seems to be a bit harsh)

The reason I was wondering if I needed to execute the reports is because in my production system I do not have any entries in the /FLDQ/AD_MTCCODE table created as of yet.  However, I am tasked with activating duplicate checking and unfortunately I was not involved in doing these task in my DEV or Q/A systems.  My understanding also is that running the reports RSADRQU1, RSADRQU2, and RSADRQU3 will actually change address data.  Having said all that, I am trying to find out what will the changes be?  Essentially, I need to understand/know what the impact will be on the already created address in my system (specifically entries in ADRC table and LFA1)? So for long reply please understand I am just trying to wrap my head around this software product.

Thanks,

MJ

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is very helpful.  You are using DQM for SAP 4.0 Sp4 with BASIS 731 connecting to Data Services (not HANA) version 14.2.1.224.  (This means that you also need to see the RFC server version in the report showing 4.0 SP4. )  The report will show the versions correctly, in that the jobs need to show SP4 as well.

The DQM for SAP 4.0 SP4 users guide, with Data Services,   will have in it how to start and how to stop the RFC server.  Stopping the RFC server as a windows service is correct. (I'm not 100% sure what you mean by EIM)  there are IMG settings that will turn processing off for other reasons.  when you stop the service, the code will stage the data to process the records so match codes are created when the RFC comes back on-line. 

Because this is SP4, you are still using the /fldq/rsadrini report.  This means that it HAS to run with no users on the system.  if there is a chance that the tables have been modified the whole report will fail.

Running the Quarterly reports will change the data.  I can't give you the impact as this depends on the data itself.  If the data has been standardized before loading it is not as high of a priority to do so before running the match codes report.  If you are in production, without match codes, scheduling and running this report (/fldq/rsadrini) as soon as possible will make the system work.  otherwise you are possibly entering duplicates daily. 

With the /fldq/rsadrqu2 report, in the newer versions as well, we improved it to be able to capture the data so that you can see what it is that is going to be changed before you commit the changes back to the database.

Thanks,

Virginia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Quarterly adjustment will change those addresses in the ADRC table after committing to the database (RSADRQU3).

Is the big challenge during a DQM project. And I recommend to you to involve your users. You wouldn't have the responsability to decide if a given suggestion is ok.

And also I recommend to you to make some test in DEV before until you fell comfortable with the three steps. An error at this point will be a disaster in a production environtment.

I've expertise with SP05, SP06, but I haven't with SP04, and as far as I know, there's a big difference in some areas. So, read the user guide, do tests in DEV, take your time, and if you are under pressure, tell them about how critic the process is.

regards,