cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Formatting Sheet Issue

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am experiencing a strange issue with the SAP BPC 10.1 NW EPM formatting Sheet.  Whenever I attempt to change the priority from COLUMNS to ROWS, or vice versa, it corrupts the given section of the EPM Formatting Sheet.   In order to try and resolve, I have re-installed the EPM client, multiple times, to different versions and patch levels, and the behavior is the same.

What happens is that after switching the priority, the Apply selection buttons disappear as well as any control buttons to add members to qualify the format for that section.  Here is a screenshot of what happens.  A suggestion of how to fix would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

Inline image 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately the image is not visible - please past it directly in the message!

Please provide the latest EPM SP you have tested with this issue.

Vadim

0 Kudos

Vadim,

Thank you for the reply.  Here are some updated screenshots, hopefully they are clearer.

The latest version I have tested was EPM SP 22  Patch 2

BEFORE COLUMN\ROW PRIORITY CHANGE:

AFTER COLUMN\ROW PRIORITY CHANGE:

I look forward to your response.  Thank you!

Mark

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Unable to test it on SP22, but on SP24 I see no issues!

Please provide details on you MS Office version/32/64 bit...

Vadim

P.S. And .Net version for EPM?

0 Kudos

Thanks again for the reply.

Windows 8

MS Office Professional Plus 2010

MS Excel

Version 14.0.7165.5000 (32-bit)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And .Net version for EPM?

0 Kudos

Forgot the .NET, see screenshot

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try:

EPM Add-In .Net 4.0

EPMEXCLCLNT24P_1-10011004.ZIP     Patch for SBOP EPM ADD-IN BIG VOL. 10.0 SP24

0 Kudos

I will give these a try.  I will post results.

0 Kudos

Vadim,

So I cannot seem to install .NET 4.0 on a windows 8.1 system.   It appears that .NET 4.5 is "100%" backwards compatible with .NET 4.0.

I really think the issue is that my file that generates the EPM FORMATTING tab is corrupt.   Do you know of a way to reset\replace this particular with a good version?

Thanks

Mark

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uninstall the current EPM, install the fresh downloaded EPM 24!

What is the issue?

Vadim

0 Kudos

Vadim,

I have uninstalled the old EPM Client, and Installed Version 24 Big Volume, and I am experiencing the exact same behavior.

Thanks again for your help with this.  I will post when I find a resolution to this issue.

Regards,

Mark

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your Windows screen resolution? Do you have some magnification set?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Try Disable high DPI scaling for excel, right click on the excel short cut. you will find it in the properties.

Andy

0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.   I followed your instructions, unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.  I am still getting the same behavior.

Mark

0 Kudos

Vadim,

My screen resolution is set pretty high, however, i have tested this on the lowest, mid and high resolution settings, it does not change the behavior.  I do not have any magnification set in my video options.

Thanks,

Mark

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the resolution numbers? And by magnification I mean font size - is it set to 100%?

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sample of resolution and text size bug on EPM SP24 with adding Member/Property on the formatting sheet:

Resolution 2560x1440 Text size 125%

0 Kudos

Vadim

I run at 1920x1080 resolution.

I have tested also at these resolutions:

1280x1024

800x600

I am not adjusting my font size at all.  In excel, the display is set to 100%

Thanks,

Mark

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1920x1080 with 100% text size is fine!

Try to perform clean uninstall of EPM.

Remove all files from all folders including Program Files and user folder: PC_xx

Then install back!

Vadim

0 Kudos

Vadim,

I found the text settings you were talking about, and they were set to 150%.   So I changed them back to 100%, unfortunately this did not resolve my issue.

Mark

0 Kudos

I finally had some more time to look into this and I finally resolved this issue.   I was having a conflict with EXCEL and a service that was running on my Laptop.  Here is a screenshot of the service that I needed to disable to get my formatting sheet working again. 

Everything was working fine after I disabled.

Regards,

Mark Glowczewski

Answers (0)