cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup RFC SERVER_EXEC on Explicit Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have problem with setup RFC SERVER_EXEC on explicit host. I have ECC system with several application servers.

RFCSDK was installed in all application server. By default activation type is "Start on Application Server". All application server can access this RFC using connection test.

The problem is we have requirement to run this RFC only in one of application server (let say app2). I have tried change the activation type to "Start on Explicit Host" and mention app2 as target host.

When i tried to test the connection, error message appeared like below:

SMGW:

Is there any thing that i missed to enable this RFC? Please help give me suggestion to solve this error.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Please check if the rfcexec really exist in app2 target host.

if really exist, please try to specify the full path of the rfcexec in the RFC destination and try again.

Best regards,

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feng Shi,

Thanks for you information, i have tried changed the RFC destination using full path to rfcexec

I have tried to fill program field with:

hostname:/usr/sap/SID/D00/exe/rfcexec and /usr/sap/SID/D00/exe/rfcexec

both of them still encountered same error.

is it right if i filled the value of program field like screenshot above?

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

/usr/sap/SID/D00/exe/rfcexec should be correct.

The "timeout during allocate" means simply that the rfcexec could not be started on the application server.

1. please check if you can start the rfcexec directly on the target host.

2, please change the SERVER_EXEC destination from "Start on Explicit Host" to "Start on Application Server" and run a connection test.

3. After that, please check if the rfcexec.sec fits to the release 720 rfcexec.

Please read the note #1581595 about the release 720 rfcexec and the new rfcexec.sec format.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi Feng,

Below are result for your recommendations:

1.  I have run rfcexec with -t -g <app2 hostname> -a one of accessible tcp/ip RFC> -x sapgw00

But there is nothing happened, is it normal?

2. If i set to start on application server, the RFC was work successfully on all application servers like i said before. I have special requirement that need to run the RFC only on app2.

3. I have checked rfcexec.sec is not found in home directory for SAP, i have tried to create the new rfcexec.sec with old format security and the RFC was cannot work with "Start on application server" option. But when i change the format to the new one, the RFC can be accessed with "Start on application server" option and cannot be accessed with "Start on explicit host" (app2), this condition same as with no file rfcexec.sec condition.

Thank & best regards,

Husin

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

it seems that rfcexec can be run from the command line without errors.

please also check:

-run a connection test on the app2 from SM59 on SERVER_EXEC

-check if there are any incompatible rfcexec.sec files on app2

(For example, remove (rename) the rfcexec.sec in the home folder of the <sid>adm user)

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi Feng,

Thanks for your help.

when i set as explicit host to app2, the connection test is ok in app2, but in other servers is failed.

I have deleted all rfcexec.sec in home folder of sidadm user and home folder in SAP, but last time the RFC was not worked.

Its a good news. The issue is solved now.

The solution is add gateway parameter in RFC setting.

Quite strange i have tried this yesterday but the result still error, but when i tried the same thing today, the RFC is work now.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Since the issue has been solved, please mark this thread as "answered".

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Answers (0)