cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Job chains and Job definitions from particular application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to extract the list of job definitions and Job chains from particular application in CPS. Can any one help me to get that report.

Currently i am extracting the tree, but it doesn't have the Job definition and Job chain segregation on that. So it is not fulfilling our requirement.

Kindly share your view on this.

Regards,

Muthukumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write the script to fetch all the job chains and job definition or you can also use report functionality for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

Can you please guide me with the steps on how to achieve this ? Also, i am new to CPS. Would be good if you share any script to do the same.

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthukumar,

Since chain definitions are "JobDefinition's" under the hood, you simply create a report with the following query:

select JobDefinition.Name from JobDefinition where

ParentApplication = (select Application.UniqueId from Application where Application.Name = 'MyApp')

and

JobDefinition.BranchedLLPVersion = -1

This will only select the Name of any job definition & job chain defintiion in application MyApp. the "JobDefinition.BranchedLLPVersion = -1" ensures we only select master jd's. If you want to know why I do this: branched definitions are created when you submit the definition, then edit it and submit it again ... in the monitor you see a date in brackets next to the name .... that is a branched definition ... like "MyDefinition (Feb 20, 2016 12:32:17 PM)".

Regards,

HP

former_member237959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

I am trying to create a report of a job chain 'JOBCHAINA' ran in the last 1 day. This job chain has many Sub jobs(job chains and job definitions) under it. I tried to use the query filters but it only creates the report with out the sub job chains and job definitions under it. Please advise how can I create the report of 'JOBCHAINA'  with all the sub jobs under it.

Regards,

Lohit