cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP time Management (+ve) solution for a construction company with PS integration

venkateswarar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please help me on the below query -

I need to implement +ve Time Management in a construction company with PS integration. Here we need to integrate with Project systems where we need to manage multiple WBSe for employee. Which means employee will be working on various projects  and various WBSe in a day, so need to be able to capture that and that needs to flow to PS.

Can someone help in designing a solution for this with integration?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By implementing CATS integration betwwen PS and HR can be achieved.

Raghu

venkateswarar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghu.

But here the client wanted to have bio-metric system in place and unfortunately many of the employees are workers and they don't have access to Portal. If we have CATS and without portal, not sure how they enter the time entries.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Venkat

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CATS on behalf can be used but it is tedious for time administrator to enter all details.

Raghu

venkateswarar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you. So time administrator needs to enter the time details on behalf of workers.

In this case, we are not using the bio-metric data. Can we design from bio-metric system to CATS and then to PS?

Regards,
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes, its quite achievable in standard solution with Integration of CATS & MM, PS, PM and other external modules.

Please follow this link its quite clearly explains how the flows goes on from BIOMETRIC to SAP

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53220

Rohit.S

venkateswarar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Rohit and am sorry to come back again.

Both the links are very good and understood how we can integrate bio-metric to SAP.

But here with this process, we can push the clock-in/out data to 2011 and validate it for forming the pair. But as this is construction based company, employees work for projects and every project will be be having multiple WBSe, So if any employee works for multiple WBSe on the same day, how system understand the respective WBSe and take it forward.

This is the place we are having issue. As per the other links understood like this can be achieved with CATS, but when we have bio-metric system in place, how we use CATS?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Good that you understood how WBS works wrt CATS.I hope your WBS is your Project Code,

+Ve Time gets a flat file from TRTerminal and updates SAP Time tables,

same way TRTerminal should update CATSDB tables, check on these lines,

So there is custom interface program to upload and update backend ECC

Do follow below links...

CATS Integration with HR,PP,PM/CS,PS | SCN

Confirmation via Time Sheets (CATS) - Confirmation - SAP Library

Rohit.S

venkateswarar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Rohit. I hope I understood it now and let me see how I can take this forward. Thank you all.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat ,

Solution - 1 : Use IT27 , based on wbse assignments .

Solution -2 :  if you are using CATS , than customise two fields in CAT2 screen , to achieve this , you should find out the user exit and required a piece of code in CAT2, check with abaper .

Once the two fields pinch in / out fields added in CAT2 , integrate with legacy machine to CAT2 for automatic timings updates- this is also development .

CAT2 :  Mandtory fields are , sender cost center , activity type , WBS , A/A and hours

APproval process is placed , than use CATS_APPR.

To transfer HR master data / PS systems , run the transaction code CATA or CATS_DA.

Regards

Siva