cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Application issues after switching Trending to the Auditing Database

dandensley
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have recently installed of BI 4.1 SP07 with Lumira for BI installed on a second server but connected to the same CMS.

Post installation we moved the Monitoring Trending database to the Auditing database as recommended. The switch was largely successful but I have noticed that every time the SIA or APS linked to the monitoring service is restarted then the monitoring configuration effectively resets itself too, it looks like it is resets the configuration along with a new set of rows in the Trending tables.

So if I run the following SQL on the Auditing Database:-

select * from dbo.MOT_TREND_DETAILS where Name = 'Number of Sessions Established by Concurrent Users' ;

The result is two rows with different DetailsId values instead of the one you would expect:-

DetailsIdCUIDMetricNameTypeName
13665AVzakd5obTZCqegrMLXdJxs                                        Number of Sessions Established by Concurrent Users                                                                                                                                                                                                            Metric                          Number of Sessions Established by Concurrent Users                                                                                                                                                                                                            
14542AVzakd5obTZCqegrMLXdJxs                                        Number of Sessions Established by Concurrent Users                                                                                                                                                                                                            Metric                          Number of Sessions Established by Concurrent Users                                                                                                                                                                                                            

If the SIA/APS is restarted then an additional row for this Metric would be created.

The table MOT_TREND_DATA is being populated, but because the DetailsId keeps changing on each restart the results in the Monitoring Application are disjointed and do not provide a proper history of the metric, just the since the last restart.

Some important extra details:-

• The APS in the Lumira install has had the Monitoring Service disabled, to ensure just one is running and it doesn't switch to running on the other server when restarted on the main server
  • When I switched to the Auditing Database I did not migrate the Derby Database. We didn't need the history as it's a new install and the restart post switch seemed to recreate/populate everything OK
  • Servers are Windows Server 2012
  • Auditing Database is SQL Server 2014

I've tried stopping monitoring, clearing the tables and starting everything again but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

Here are couple of SAP note to help you troubleshoot issues with moving Monitor to Audit

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1741961

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1828472

Regards,

Ajay