cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10 - fact table size limitation and best practices

0 Kudos

Hello,

i did some searches to find informations about the size limit of fact tables in SAP BPC 10 into this community site and i did not find any official answers.

In customer documentation (Sizing Guide, Document Version: 1.0 – 2015-07-21), scenarios are divided into 3 categories (small, medium and large) but the largest is set to 100M records. And next step is "Please contact SAP if your implementation does not fit these categories."

So here i am

We have reach the 100M record "theorical limit" for one of our biggest fact table

Of course we could archive part of them, but assuming we do not have performances issue, we are wondering if it is wise to let it grow.

Can i have some official (or user exprience) feedback about the maximum data volume supported ? Known feedback or side effect ?

Best regards,

Arnaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

That sizing guide means to contact SAP Services so they can adequately provide some guidance on your very large BPC implementation.

My suggestion is to review this blog and guide from Microsoft:

Also I agree with Jon that you should setup partitioning.

Thanks,

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

They're probably going to tell you to setup partitioning if you don't have it setup already.  Also, I'm not sure you're going to get an "official" answer here as this is a community network forum.