cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deprecated scope of type SERVERSESSION_AT_LEAST_ONE_APP_SCOPE is used! Please replace the usage of scopes with new mechanism based on "Cross application session communication API"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate SAP Portal and Fiori for SSO purposes.  I've created the system and iview and all the connection tests etc are successful.

We've been using SAP Portal for ESS and MSS for sometime now and I did see this exact error when I was setting up ESS but it was to do with a user group not having end user access, but it doesn't appear to be the same issue with Fiori.

Please see my settings below -

No errors found.

But when I preview I get the following error -

Thanks for looking!

Regards

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_mahnke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

are there any other erors in the log as the severity of the log entry you posted is INFO and shouldn't cause an exception as shown above?

Regards Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I can see the following also -

Regards

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

to say more on that:

1.)PRT exceptions dont have INFO as severity and doesnt cause portal crashes, as Stefan pointed already

2.)the id and timestamp shown in the front end exception screen should point you to the correct entry in developer trace

The warning you got just tells you that you shouldnt use deprecated methods,

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amanda, this likely dont cause your issue, the entry you are showing is an logout issue while running through appropriate stack. you have to look for error or fatal entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence.

I believe the issue is due to not having the SAP Fiori iView template.  I'm running EP SP7 and this iView was delivered in SP8.  I thought by using the Ui5 application iView I could workaround this issue but it doesn't have the extra parameters required

Do you know of any other workaround, i.e. obtaining a copy of the new template for example or do I need to do this SP upgrade in order to get SSO to work?

Thanks

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

Amanda Thomson wrote:

Hi Lawrence.

I believe the issue is due to not having the SAP Fiori iView template.  I'm running EP SP7 and this iView was delivered in SP8.  I thought by using the Ui5 application iView I could workaround this issue but it doesn't have the extra parameters required

Do you know of any other workaround, i.e. obtaining a copy of the new template for example or do I need to do this SP upgrade in order to get SSO to work?

Thanks

Amanda

This could be an assumption, I have no idea if its applicable, since you dont have provided an exact description how you are creating this content. However, as I wrote I wouldnt assume something, instead check the logs. If you are right, you must have stuff like iView not found etc in your traces, I cant see this in your postings

Im not clear about the differences between UI5 and URL iViews, and some other people are obviuosly also not:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3632974

But Im guess you could try it with an URL iView

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding...

When I look at the log I don't see anything for this exception.

But creating a URL iView works for me 🙂

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amanda, you need to switch to developer traces to be able to see the exception you are looking for:

You maybe forgot to do that?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hadn't set the developer trace but know for future

The URL iview worked for me.

Thanks

Amanda

Former Member

URL iView was the solution for me in the end.