cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP: unable to find fingerprint in trace log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

First time posting here. If I am doing something wrong please let me know.

I have a problem with setting up a SFTP location for my BO 4.1 SP6 P3 test environment.

In order too make a SFTP location I have set-up a local SFTP server (FreeFTPD). Created a user for this server and tested with FileZilla that I can connect with the user to the server (should be easy since its local).

Now the next step is to get the SHA-1 fingerprint of the public/private key that I have attached to the SFTP server. This key is made with PuTTY.

I`m trying to do this by getting the fingerprint from the trace file of the Adaptive Job Server Destination Service, as is described in this post:

The steps that I have taken are:

- make a jobserver for SFTP with the services:

- Publication Scheduling Service

- TraceLog Service

- Program Scheduling Service

- Platform  Search Scheduling Service

- Destination Delivery Scheduling Service

- Destination Configuration Service

- Set the tracelog to high for this jobserver

- Filled in the destination of the jobserver:

- Host: localhost

- Port: 22 (same as SFTP server)

- Username: sftp01

- password: ********

- Account: -

- Directory: VM-JH-BO/C:/Program Files (x86)/freeFTPd/sftproot/sftpuser01

- Fingerprint: NEEDFINGERPRINTHERE

- Created a servergroup with the folowing server in it:

- SFTP jobserver

- InputFileRepository server

- OutputFileRepository server

- Checked the rights of my BO account such that I can schedule documents

Next I`m scheduling a report to the SFTP location. Tell it to use the servergroup and the default SFTP settings/location. Now the strange thing is that the scheduling process never goes beyong the status "pending". I have also tried it without the specific SFTP server group and the scheduled report fails (as it should) with the folowing error:

Destination disabled. []: [CrystalEnterprise.Sftp]. Please note the name of the job server used for your request and contact your system administrator to make sure the specified destination is enabled. (FWB 00031)

unfortunately I can`t find the fingerprint in the logfile. There is nothing in the trace.glf that gives me information about the SFTP server being approached or about the fingerprint. I will attach the logfile if anyone wants to look into it. My question is, what is going wrong? Did I miss something in the configuration of the (job) server (group)? public/private key? Please let me know if anyone has an idea !

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

You can also follow similar steps from SAP KBA 2183131 - How do you Schedule or Send a document to SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) destination on...

Some pointers:

1. Tag the keywork 'NEEDKEYHERE' or 'FINDTHEFINGERHERE' like in above Ted's blog  KBA so that you can find in trace files.

2. Ensure that you have tested sftp on servers hosting Adaptive job server i.e webi scheduling service.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Onkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Onkar,

Thank you for the tip on the article . Unfortunately I have already done the steps but still get the error because I can`t find the fingerprint in de log files.

I have tested the sftp-server on the adaptive job-server. Both are installed locally on my test environment so I dont expect that this is the problem giving my no fingerprint in the logs files.

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you provide the snapshot of properties of  AJS ->destination ->SFTP

Does the schedule move from pending status to failed or success now.

If yes, then provide the snapshot of the failed ones.

(click on failed and provide the entire page snapshot).

How many AJS do you have.

I suggest to keep the default job server with all scheduling services in it and then configure it.

If you have multiple webi servers ....which is not required in BI4.1 then stop all and keep one server running.

Now with one AJS enabled and configured with SFTP and 1 webi processing , try to reproduce the issue with LOG LEVEL=HIGH.

Validate all the details provided in SFTP:

localhost:try to ping localhost on the server and check if that works else provide FQDN

Username and password: verify it again

Directory: remove it for now.(its not required here)

Check the snapshot below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Sorry for the late message. I didn`t had the time to look into this issue. We currently got SFTP running with the right fingerprint so the trace issue is not important anymore. Still I want to thank you, and the other posters, for your time and suggestions.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think that you are missing the report job server.

Which report are you scheduling?

If webi then add webi scheduling service as well to the AJS.

If crystal then add crystal report scheduling service to AJS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Pavan. I`m scheduling a webi report.

I will add the scheduling service and try it again.

EDIT:

I have tried to run with the WebIntelligence scheduling service added to the SFTP server. I`m getting still getting the same error though.

Message was edited by: Jeroen Hofsteenge