cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding or modifying data access profiles to model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have updated our system from BPC 7.5 to 10.1 on HANA and now we are facing strange issue. In some models there is nothing in the screen where you should see the secured dimensions (and add members to DAP). Example in the picture, you can see the secured dimension in all other models, except the one in the picture. DAP's which are imported from the old system, are in the system and they work, but I can't edit or create new ones.

Tommi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommi,

Which SP for for BPC 10.1?

10.1 uses UI5, make sure your backend UI component is inline with BPC 10.1 requirement.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use SP8. Could you be more specific what should I check and where?

Thing is that only one model has this problem, all other works ok.

I also made a copy from the problematic model and the new copy worked, so for some reason this problem is related to this specific model.

Tommi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommi,

Have a look at SAP note 2103585

if you are on SP08 you need UI5 1.28.13 or higher

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

UI looked OK (SP14). If I look from IE log, I see error:

"main-shell-workspace-1-view__admin-security-data_access_profile-detail-memberAccessTab-VLayout-TKU_MÄÄRÄRAHA" is not a valid ID.

I guess this is the problem. How can I fix this+

Tommi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check you security in your web admin.

Remove all the corrupted members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted all unrelevant profiles and teams but no luck. For me it looks that application ID is missing from some BW table? Could this be caused by scandinavian characters Ä? If so how should I fix this? It would be huge work to create new application (testing, access rights etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It starts to look like that the problem is the scandic characters (Ä).

Is there any way to make this work or is the only option to make a copy from the application and rename it? I really would not wan't to do this as this will create a lot of changes and testing.

Why this has worked in 7.5?

Tommi

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is your IE version? As someone else already mentioned the BPC10.1 uses HTML5 and we have seen some errors and issues due to incompatibility of the UI5 version.

Please see note 2053059

Regards,

Leila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE is 11.0.9600.18204 and UI 1.28.15, I'm pretty sure that this is related to "Ä" character. Otherwise why everything works if I copy MÄÄRÄRAHA to MAARARAHA?

Tommi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made two models TESTIÄ and TESTIA and as you can see TESTIA works and TESTIÄ does not.

Is there a way to fix this without making a new application and removing Ä from the ID? Why this worked in 7.5?

Tommi