cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access Gateway system from WEB IDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to extend a standard UI5 application for SAP Fiori Library, as part of which when I try to access the gateway system from my web IDE, I am getting below error

"Cannot select the system.Check the configuration for ABAP Development tools".

Attaching the screen shot with error information.

Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

In your SAP system, Tcode SICF chk if service /sap/bc/adt is active. If not active activate the service and it should solve this error!

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Praveen

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few things to check:

1. Are you able to download the discovery xml when approaching it directly in the browser without Web IDE? Just try to access <host>:<port>/sap/bc/adt/discovery

make sure you use the same user being used via Web IDE.

If you're getting the forbidden error in this scenario as well then it might be that your user is lacking certain permissions.

2. How is your destination configured in the cockpit? Which authentication method is used? If different than NoAuthentication please set it to NoAuthentication and try then. It might be that your /sap/bc/adt ICF node is configured with specific credentials. If so try to remove it (transacation SICF).

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above is the error which i am getting when i access the link directly. In cockpit configuration I am using no authentication only.

Regards,

Naresh

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your user has no authorizations to access it directly it won't work via Web IDE.

Consult with your administrator regarding which permissions are needed in order to access the discovery.

Perhaps this thread can be of help:

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

This link https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47656 no active now, can you share me the document.

Regards,

Naresh

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is this link? Which document do you want me to share? I didn't understand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

In the link which u have provided Re: WebIDE deploy error there is a link which you have provided https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47656,

which is not active currently. I need access to that link.

Regards,

Naresh

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know how to access the link it it's no longer valid. But see Gopi's last response there maybe it can help. Maybe you can compare authorizations with a user that is able to get access to /sap/bc/adt/discovery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Have you all finally solved this issue? 'cause I also met such problem when I was trying to import an application from back end system.

I am also waiting for the suggestion.

Regards,

Sun Xuebin

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There was nothing to solve from Web IDE side, if that is what you meant.

The problem was with missing authorizations to reach the sap/bc/adt/discovery.

If you want to check whether this is the same issue you have, please do as requested from other users and try to reach the /sap/bc/adt/discovery directly from your system's host and port and not via Web IDE, and see if you get a response. If you do get a valid response please attach it here for further analysis.

Thanks,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your reply.

I have to say it's weird that it could work again now.Nothing I've done since this issue raised yesterday, but somehow it could connect again to my back end, i.e. ABAP repository system.

All in all, thank you all the same.

Regards,

Sun Xuebin

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please include your cloud connector configuration and your destination.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos
jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you get prompted for authentication?  In your destination try changing the authentication to basic and provide your credentials.  Also try hitting the url directly to verify you have access.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG