Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Report fails with System Alert error

sherrig
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able to run the Basic Server and Services Platform Report on one of our clustered environments, but get an error follwed byu an empty report result when trying to run the same report on another environment. (see attachments). We are running BI4.1 SP6 Patch 1 on both.

Thanks

Sherri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sherri,

Can you please email me a copy of the log and the xml?  The logging can be enabled from within the preferences section of the tool, and then rerunning the same report should reproduce the error.  Please email me the files directly here:  joshua.kuhn@sapns2.com

Regards,

Joshua

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sherri,

I've checked in a fix for the error you were receiving when opening the report.  The issue is tracked in:   BITBITOOL-827.   Although i doubt this issue will show up again, the next version of the support tool will handle the exception.  In your case, there is a currupt SIA node in the CMS database that is referencing 3 servers when only 2 really exist.  The SI_SERVER4ENTNODE property bag is corrupt on the sia object.  When it came time for the tool to retrieve server info form the non-existant server, it threw a null pointer exception.  This is now fixed, and future versions will write an exception to the trace logs explaining the error.

However, I would suggest that you remove and readd this sia within the environment to clean up the bad reference.  Who knows what other issues this could cause for other BI workflows.

Regards,

Joshua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherri,

You can find the XML Josh is looking for under:

C:\Users\YourUserId\AppData\Roaming\BISupportTool\data\@cluster.xml

You can find the tracelog under <BIPST_INSTALL>\BISupport\bin\logging