cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS92 - why current year depr field is grayed?

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

background:

1. I opened new depr area 02 for existing assets. I chose that 02 has no values.

2. I try to put values through AS92, because my target in the end is to use LSMW to load values for depr.area 02.

3. in AS92 I can put acquisition value and previous years depr. value, but the current year depr value field is grayed.

Question:- why and how can I open it?

If it is not possible to open, then probably I will need to use transaction entries in AS92. Please share your experience.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

well, fun is very different. ABSO is one transaction per asset, while LSMW is one transaction for all.

I can agree that AS92 is not the most common approach, but anything else does not do the job. And the reason is that my areas 01 and 02 are actually parallel currency areas. For "real" areas AFBN works perfectly fine.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have LSMW for ABSO too

Ajay M

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

ABSO (I have mass ABSO tool) didn't meet the requirement to get aligned values.  Therefore I like AS92 even more.

So, back to the topic - why current year depr field is grayed out ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This field is greyed out depending on the asset transaction date. Is this a current year acquisition?

Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laimonas

You must not use AS92 if you add a new dep area..

When you do AFBN, you must not tick the "Leave Values Initial" option.. This will copy Values from Area 01 to 02

After this, if you want to add or remove any values from Area 02, create of Copy of Transaction Type 100 or 101 and restrict the New Transaction type to Area 02..

Finally, make adjsutments in Area 02 using New Tranaction Type from ABSO

Ajay M

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

I have different values in 01 and 02, and that is no go for the client. This is because 02 took some mysterious currency rate.

That is why blank values is better. So the idea is to put the exact values by LSMW load.

Adjustments of 40 000 assets with ABSO don't seem to be fun.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, its the same thing..

If you Copy Area 02 with no values, even in that case you will have to load values for the same 40000 assets.. The fun remains the same

The point is AS92 must not be used for existing assets.. Its a bad practice and not recommended

Regards

Ajay M