cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Text in AO 2.1 SP03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we are trying to implement a new way of Reporting and Planning, via AO connected to HANA, we found out that it is very important for the users to be able to add free-text (comments) on their figures.

In this way, we've created a Query, where comments are dependent on 2 characteristics (Profit Center and Account). But, as you can see in the images below, it has some limitations of Hierarchy Level:

1- Although we want to be able to drill up and drill down and see numbers summing up regarding hierarchies, for text we need it to be free.

For example, if I comment on account "5220/66790190" I don't want to see it repeated on higher levels:

Fig. 1 - Comment in one account.  

2- Since it is grouping by Hierarchy, if I try to add a comment in two different accounts, the higher levels are shown as "*":

Fig. 2 - Comment in two accounts of the same hierarchy.

What we want is to be able to comment in every hierarchy level and without any aggregation/disaggregation of the text:

Fig. 3 - No hierarchy aggregation of Text. Free comment on hierarchy level.

I have searched for it in the "how-to-guide": but it has the same limitation.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Rodrigo Mourinho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

these kind of 'comments' are based on the 'characteristics as key figures' feature. As the name indicates the 'comments' are treated as key figures, are stored in a planning enabled DSO and have the aggregation behavior NO2 (i.e. no aggregation). So inhomogeneous values aggregate to '*'.

In addition a BW hierarchy node (with children nodes) in general has no representation in the transaction data, base values will be aggregated to the node value. To store a comment on a hierarchy node you would need a characteristic value to post the value. This does not exist in case of BW hierarchies with text nodes or foreign characteristics. Only in case of a postable node one might take the corresponding leaf to store the comment.

Example hierarchy with postable node

4711          (postable node)    

4711     (corresponding leaf)

4712     leaf

4713     leaf

One might hide the leaf 4711 and post values from 4711 (postable node) to 4711 (leaf); in other words one would identify 4711 (postable node) with 4711 (leaf). This is not implemented. By now 4711 (postable node) is not input-ready (no disaggregation) or is input-ready if disaggregation 'copy' is used, but here the node value would be copied to all children, not just to 4711 (leaf).

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (0)