cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New asset accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear Experts:

I am about to start a migration from Classic Fixed assets to New asset accounting, however I am facing the following

situation, in where I appreciate your valuable comments and guideline.

1. In the current set up for fixed assets, there are 2 ledger ( Ledaing and non ledaing ledger), according to SAP, this scenario can be handle in

new asset accounting by creating a new non leading ledger with the following charecteristics: The fiscal year variant should be the one that is set in the leading ledger and the accounting principle should be the same that uses the old non leading ledger.So, the migration will be from the leading ledger to the new non leading ledger. My concern in this point, it is how the posting will be impacted at the time I migrate to the new non leding ledger because of the fiscal year variant??

2. I was not abble to find information about how the revaluation is handdle in new asset accounting.

I appreciate if you can share any information on this respect.

Thanks in advance for your Help

I will be waiting for your post

Thanks

Briggithe Garcia Lopez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Briggithe

If you are adding a New Ledger, you must take the New GL Migration Service of SAP

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, We are following the New GL Migration Service of SAP, however they cannot answer these type of question, so I apprecaite your thoughts

Thanks

Briggithe Garcia Lopez

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For (1) - SAP Must answer that,. It is a part of New GL Migration

For (2) - Revaluation must be done from ABAW / ABAWN

Ajay M