Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Key Figure Summation in BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings!

I have a BEx query where I have two different hierarchies enabled along the rows.

I have a key figure in the Columns.

I do not want the summation of Key figures along the hierarchies (highlighed in green) and would like to display blank instead.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks and Br,
Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You can display blank instead of summation. All you have to do is to go to your key-figure properties, under calculations tab, set calculate result as to hide.

When the hierarchy is expanded, you won't see the result. (see image below)

Result for Continent and America is blank as their hierarchy is expanded. Result of Europe will also be set to blank if it is expanded.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Thanks for your response.

I did that, but it will only hide if the hierarchy node is expanded. But I need it to be hidden even if the hierarchy is collapsed.

Also I have two hierarchies and the summary should be hidden for both irrespective of the hierarchy state.

I also wanted to know if it's possible to show part summation as the result along the hierarchy, instead of entire hierarchy summation?

Thanks!

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Ok, then create a formula and drag your key-figure into it.

Then go to Aggregation tab and select No Aggregation Along Hierarchy.

Choose reference characteristic as the characteristics with hierarchies. You can specify both the characteristics with hierarchies here.

I guess this should work.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

Thanks for your response.

Since I'm using this key figure as part of Planning in IP, I cannot put it inside a formula.

Is there any other way possible to hide it directly?

Br, Harish