cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External List Management - How to stop a importing?

heber_silva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wonder if there is any way to stop a processing of an ELM updating Business Partners attributes, any suggestions?

I didn't find such as functionality and if I start processing the wrong file there is nothing I can do to stop the running importing and start it again with a new file.

Best Regards,

Heber Olivar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kunal_Bansal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Olivar,

There is only one way out to ABORT ELM 'upload in process'

Since ELM file upload is a batch Job, follow the below steps:

1. Select the Job from Transaction SM37, complete the description, then choose Execute to get to the Job Overview.)
  2. In the Job Overview, mark the job or jobs you want to delete by checking the box to the left of the job name.
  3. Choose Job Delete.

OR

Follow the thread how to delete a background job, | SCN

Now you may have a situation where Background Job has already done the "COMMIT TO DATABASE" and few of data have been updated in the DB.

So in this case, you need to clear the table carefully and start a fresh upload.

Better contact a DB expert for help in this situation.

I hope this helps your query

Regards,

Kunal Bansal

CRM Marketing

heber_silva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Bansal,

I repeat my test importing a new file trough ELM process and I confirm that there is no Job initiated in tcode SM37. This process is based on workflow and I can check only a process running in tcode SM66 with user WF-BATCH.

Best Regards,

Heber Olivar

Kunal_Bansal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Olivar,

Yes, you need to debug the Badi: CRM_MKTLIST_BADI in SM50/SM51 and then Kill the corresponding ELM Upload Job.

1. Put External breakpoint in all servers in FM CRM_MKTLIST_WORKFLOW_DEBUG.
  2. Keep at least one session open in all the servers.
  3. Do not open more than 5 sessions in total.
  4. And don't forget to put the debugger in the BADI method you want to look and remove the parameter CRM_DEBUG_CODE in your user setting once your debugging is finished.

For detailed information, please follow the below links:

Regards,

Kunal Bansal

heber_silva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Bansal.

Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards,

Heber Olivar

Answers (0)