cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR032: Counter reading smaller than previous doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not positive this conversation is in the correct area. I checked the location of other discussions on Counters.

I have a counter that I enter measurement documents on weekly. It is for a conveyor run time. Every week now I get an error "IR032: Counter reading smaller than previous document 95786". When I look it up and check the readings, it is actually 185 hours higher than the previous document. I have checked the Measurement Point, it is not set to count backwards.

Even with this error, it still puts the reading into the system.

I have attached a snip of the measurement doc list.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh, here is the screen shot of the same error.

Savas, I am not sure what OSS is in SAP. There have been no counter replacements on that equipment. I read the numbers, I enter into the spreadsheet and I upload. I agree with you, I cannot think of a reason this is happening.

Maria, I do not know how to check note 1532600 and I do not have access to the link you posted. I tried a manual upload on that equipment by entering the current counter reading and it went through without any issues.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Since you are uploading from excel, can you check the created on date / time for these documents, Whether this is created on the same increasing sequence.

On the SAP Notes, you need to have OSS ID and Password, then check these notes in services.sap.com.As per SCN, we are not supposed to attach the documents, so please check with your Basis team for the login details.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I double checked the dates, they are all correct.

As this is still allowing the equipment hours to be uploaded (even with the error it does go through), I am not planning on contacting our development consultants.

I realize this is probably where the issue is, but it is not a cost effective use of my time.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Joel,

I suggest you to contact your consultant, since counters and measurement document is an high priority issue.

Since this can affect equipments safety due to incorrect posting of documents.

Rather than delaying, let the consultants work on these things... applying a note will not have much impact.

Anyway, if you feel this thread provided you sufficient information, i request you to close this thread as answered or assumed answered

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier, this error does not affect the maintenance plans. I get an error every time I upload now, and when I go check, it has put the current reading in just as I entered it. I am not loosing anything when this happens (except a bit of sanity, but it's almost all gone anyway:-).

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Can you check note

1532600 - Measurement document is saved despite popup "NO" was choosed

Try to create a document manually and see whether the document is saved even though there is a message

May be you need to check with upload program also in foreground to under stand how it does.

Regards

Terence

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

This is a strange one. I am sure you have already checked with OSS but just in case, I have found two OSS notes although they are either old or about an issue caused by takeover/handover:

1133810 - ToHo: Counter reading smaller than in previous document

848399 - Measurement docs: Problems after you implement Note 806624

Has there been any counter replacements before? (There is a specific process for counter replacements: Representing Counter Replacement - Customer Service (CS) - SAP Library )

Although I am not able to logically come to a conclusion on how and why counter replacements could cause such an issue. Might be someone who prepares the excel spreadsheet converted the differences into total counter readings and if the new replaced counter had already higher readings then the previous one...

Strange... Please update the thread if you find a solution for the benefit of everyone who might have the same issue in the future.

Cheers

Savas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joel,

You are in right space.

Some communication gap.is there:

You can not save Document when an error (IR032) triggers.

This might be the case.

You might be trying to put 185 in Counter reading field and Save. In doing so the above said error occurs. Then you shifted this value to Difference field. Now it is acceptable and the Document is created.  Otherwise once error triggers, without any corrective actions the Document can not be saved.

Please comment

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.

I realize it should not save with an error, yet it is always there.

I do not use the difference field, but the total counter reading at the time. I attempt it only once (using a spreadsheet upload) and it saves it. I enter about 125 at the same time, and this one has been giving me the error.

Strange.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • You are talking about Spread-sheet upload.
  • Also you've confirmed that you are attempting to enter the value which is in fact the Difference of Present counter reading and last ounter reading into the Counter reading field, in which case the error IR032 is inevitable.
  • You said it accepts the reading later, which indicates that the BDC program is developed in such a manner that when this particular error encounters the reading is being shifted to Difference field and the document is saved.

Few things you need to know

• In your case IT IS WRONG TO ENTER THE READING INTO THE COUNTER READING but you are supposed to ENTER THE READING IN DIFFERENCE FILED.
  • Had you been creating a manual document IK11, then the document wouldn't be saved when the RUNNING HOURS value is entered into the Counter reading field.

Inputs so far suggest that your Measuring document upload program itself is not proper. But I still feel that proper communication is not there yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I am going to have to disagree with your assessment. This template has been working for several departments for the past two years. We do not deal with the difference between the readings, we don't have access to that number. It is always entered as a current counter reading as is shown on the hour meter when read (what the program does with it is beyond me).

All equipment hours are entered the same, this is the only one giving us an issue.

Attached is snip of the upload fields.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is natural to disagree with the assessment, because it was wrong as a result of communication so far received. Now a new information comes that you read the Hour meter, means you are supposed to enter in the Counter reading field, if the Hour meter is not reset every week after the reading. One thing is system can not be wrong in throwing this error. System throws this error when you enter a reading less than previous counter reading into the Counter reading. It is now you to investigate what changes have happened in this years long practice of upload of this excel field etc.

Looking at your upload sheet it looks OK, but the development of present error hints at possible changes in this upload sheet. You need to investigate yourself. Only hint is System can not be wrong.

Your ABAPer through Debugging can arrive at the reason within no time by viewing at he real value passing to the Counter reading field at runtime,

Another option is: You run the upload program in the All screen mode (Foreground) and see what value in Counter reading field is causing this error. whether it is the same value from the upload sheet or changed value, if changing why it is?

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screenshots you have provided for error and upload sheet has two different counter number. can you please upload screen shot of spreadsheet for same counter which has error msg.

Thanks

Yogesh