cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report wizard - no field names

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using the Report Wizard to create a report and select tables, after doing this, the tables do not display the field names. They show Expr1016, Expr1017, etc.

Why? And how do I get correct field names to display?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

What version of Crystal Reports is this?

What database are you connection to and how (ODBC, OLEDB, Native)?

The only time I have seen 'Expr' in place of field names is when you're reporting off of SQL Queries and do not alias the aggregated field.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports 2013

I am connecting to PostgreSQL Redshift db using ODBC.

When I input a raw SQL query I can see the field names fine. It's when I use the report wizard, the field names show as expr...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris, after completing report wizard go to Field Explorer > Database Fields > Tables > Expand any Table. If Still not able to find then let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't actually get that far. When I click to Finish the report wizard and it tries to load a single table, I get the error:

... column [db-name].expr1000 does not exist

So at that point it seems to be "seeing" the real column names but can't resolve the generic Expr1000 to the real column name.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris, Expr1000 is the name of a column on which an operation is done (SUM, COUNT, AVG, MIN, MAX, ...) and for which you didn't set an alias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks M Fahim.

I am not doing an operation in my query, it is a straight SELECT. I am not using an alias right now as I am fine with using the existing column names. Is there some other way aliases work in Crystal in order to get column names to display correctly?