Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF plus OBJECTIVES INACTIVE IN 422 DEV client

pusala_mahesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have created an application under a transport and it went to production few days back. Now I have done some changed to the same application under a new transport but the SCC1 is showing error while copying it to a different client and objects are inactive now.

What should be done to activate these in client 422. (Not sure why but 424 copied just fine). When I checked the log for this SCC1 it says objects are inactive but they were already active in 421.

PLease help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pusala,

Works fine in one client but not another?

Number 1 suspect - authorizations!

Check if there's any difference between your authorizations in 422 and 424

You should also be able to go to the BRFplus workbench in 422 and activate from there.

Might even tell you what the error is..

Rgds,

Jocelyn

pusala_mahesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I have same authrization in both the clients and also in 422 the BRF application is non modifyable. When I did SCC1 it says there is not active version for a set of structures and fields. When I check it in 421 they are active.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

ff you expand the transport log it usually gives you the GUID for the not active versions.  In the BRFPlus workbench search for the objects by GUID. Sometimes they can be items marked for deletion or from a previous version that have not been cleaned up.

First option is to track down the offending objects and try to determine what's wrong with them.

Once you work out what's wrong you may be able to use the admin tools to sort it out.

Also check - is the complaint about inactive versions regarding client 421 - i.e. during the export - or regarding client 422 - during the import.

Because again those are different problems.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

pusala_mahesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Found the GUID's and identified that they were active in 421 but not in 422. The error log says 'Error Occured during post-Handling FDT_AFTER_IMPORT_C for FDT0000 T'. So I suppose this is after import error.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct - so as suggested try activating them in the BRFPlus workbench in 422 and see what the problem might be. If you don' t have permission for the BRFPlus workbench in 422 that might indicate a permissions issue also...

pusala_mahesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn for the quick reponses. But I did not face such issues while doing SCC1(Client copy) for the other BRF applications in 422. We placed system config for 422 and 424 as 'Non-Modifiable' To make sure everywhere the data should remain same.

Regards,

Mahesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok so again - the export/import logs should be giving you the GUIDs of the objects that could not be activated.  You need to check them out - preferably in both 421 and 422  - and see what is the problem.

Guessing at the problem we can go round and round - what you need to do at this point is collect some actual evidence of what is happening. Make sure you search on the GUID - not the name.  It could be a prior version of something that was activated later.