Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dispatcher 7.45

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The systems in landscape are based on Kernel 721_ext 600 patch. Web disp version is 720. We would like to upgrade to web disp 745. I believe as per note 908097, web disp 745 is downward compatible. OS is Linux 6. please can someone confirm if we can use...

Thanks,
Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Yes, just as per 908097 note, SAP Web Dispatcher is downward compatible.

You can use any supported version that is greater or equal to the kernel version of your backend system.

Version 7.45 is the recommended SAP Web Dispatcher version for all backend systems.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

thank you for the quick response. Let me upgrade the web disp today and update you.

You can use any supported version that is greater or equal to the kernel version of your backend system. - can you explain the meaning of this sentence ? does this mean we can use web disp 7.45 with any kernel version?

thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Yes, Version 7.45 is the recommended SAP Web Dispatcher version for ALL backend systems.

Best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feng,

thank you. I have updated the web disp to 7.45 successfully but have a query though. we are using web disp under /usr/sap/SID/webdisp. when I do webdisp -v , it is showing me my kernel webdisp version as LD_LIBRARY_PATH is currently set to /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run. should we move all the files that we get from SAPWEBDISP_SP_34-80000900.SAR to /sapmnt/SID/exe/uc/linu* ?

thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

I believe you just replace the web dispatcher files without using SWPM to upgrade 7.45 .

I would recommend to make a clean new installation because of the opportunity to cleanup the profile. E.g. in 7.42 it’s sufficient to specify icm/max_conn, all other sizing-related parameters are automatically adjusted (see http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2007212).

For web dispatcher installation, please see:

Web Dispatcher Installation - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

Unfortunately we cannot go for new installation now due to sizing restrictions. so can you help me with my previous query.

should we move all the files that we get from SAPWEBDISP_SP_34-80000900.SAR to /sapmnt/SID/exe/uc/linu* ?

Thanks,
Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

should we move all the files that we get from SAPWEBDISP_SP_34-80000900.SAR to /sapmnt/SID/exe/uc/linu* ?

No, you should not do that.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

the only way then is to do a fresh installation using swpm ?  wonder how web dispatcher is using the profile from /usr/sap/SID/sapwebdisp/sapwebdisp.pfl.

thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

It is recommend to do a fresh installation using swpm but not mandatory.

when I do webdisp -v , it is showing me my kernel webdisp version as LD_LIBRARY_PATH is currently set to /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run. 

Since you are using web disp under /usr/sap/SID/webdisp, so if you add /usr/sap/SID/webdisp to PATH the environment variable,  the sapwebdisp in /usr/sap/SID/webdisp will be used.

if you use swpm to install sapwebdispatcher, there is no such annoyance because the profile and DIR structure will be created automatically.

Currently, the new 7.45 sap webdispatcher is not working ? if yes, please clarify you problem in details.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

I have started the web dispatcher using below command and it is working but when I check the webadmin url, it is showing 721 version as LD_LIBRARY_PATH is currently set to /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run.

sapwebdisp pf=/usr/sap/SID/sapwebdisp/sapwebdisp.pfl

I will add /usr/sap/SID/sapwebdisp to the PATH variable and update you.

Thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

The reason why you still get 721 version when check webadmin URL is that, probably there are two sap web dispatchers and you still access the 721 old one.

what is webadmin URL exactly ?

Could you please also attach the webdispatcher profile of 7.45 ?

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

attached is the profile file and web admin url for 745 web disp.

web admin url is http://host:8080/sap/admin

Thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

7.45 web dispatcher profile:

===========================

# SAP Web Dispatcher Web Administration

icm/HTTP/admin_0 = PREFIX=/sap/wdisp/admin,DOCROOT=./admin,AUTHFILE=icmauth.txt

so, you should use following URL to access 7.45 web dispatcher admin page.

http://host:8080/sap/wdisp/admin

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

Thank you. Now I can see the latest web dispatcher admin url and version. in the web dispatcher profile we have below two parameters . there current value is set as dot (.). does this mean current directory ? if we change it to /usr/sap/SID/webdisp, will the web dispatcher use new web dispatcher version rather than one in /sapmnt/SID/exe/uc/linux*/ ?

# add default directory settings

DIR_EXECUTABLE = .

DIR_INSTANCE = .

Thanks,
Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Yes, current value dot (.) does mean current directory.

Please be note that it is totally depend on the user's PATH environment variable setting.

Since you did not specify the exactly full path when you execute "sapwebdisp -v" command,

therefore, the OS search the sapwebdisp from the user's PATH environment variable.

and because there is a old sapwebdisp under sapmnt/SID/exe/uc/linux*/, therefore, you get old version.

this is not a problem at all. 

this has nothing to do with web dispatcher profile settings.

if you want new 7.45 sapwebdisp executable be called from everywhere anyway,

you can just add /usr/sap/SID/webdisp to PATH environment variable, 

then the sapwebdisp in /usr/sap/SID/webdisp will be used.

I hope I've explained everything clearly.

Currently, the profile setting is ok and the new web dispatcher is working without any problem.

please mark this thread as "answered".

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

thank you for patient replies. all looks good. final query from my end. it takes lot of time to load the admin url. any performance tuning that can we probably do?

thanks,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

looks like it is loading now after restarting web dispatcher once. i love to give you 20 points but restricted to 10

thanks,

Ranjith

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Good news.

Thank you.

Please mark this thread as "answered", it is still "Not Answered."

Best regards,

Shi Feng

Answers (0)