Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control key in Maintenance order.

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a doubt,

I have created one Work Center with control key PM02. Then I created a maintenance order with order type PM02.

but, when I check control key of operations in the mntc order, I found 1st operation alone has control key= PM01, remaining all are PM02.

Is it standard? If so could you please explain me the purpose behind that.

If there is any settings to avoid this, please tell me the configuration.

Thank you

Renjith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Renjith,

Normally system takes the default control key from Work Centre and it will be applied in Operation Tab.

Any change you did in the Header Operation of the work order or you entered PM01?

Regards

Terence

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Here is what could have happened.

Pls. check in OIO6, for Plant and Order Type, you would have PM01 as default control key.

Now it seems you don't have the work center mentioned in the Org. tab of your FL/EQ on which you created the Order otherwise , when you create the order on FL/EQ, it takes that main work center in order header and also fills in the control key defined as default for that Work center.

In your case this was not the case so when u created the order, default control key from OIO6 was defaulted...ie. PM01. Then you must have put the work center in the order header manually. This changed the operation from 0020 onwards to PM02 but first operation remained with PM01 control key.

To avoid this , pls. assign the main work center to your FL/EQ and you will be saved from this issue.

Pls. check and let me know if that's the case..

Thanks,

Saurabh.

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked in OIO6. assignment was control keyPM01 for order type PM02 .

I changed the control key field blank. still the issue is exist.

I am creating order with having any reference to any technical object.

If add a technical object and proceed there is no issue with control key in operations.
Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new Order. Since you are not creating the order on any reference object, the work center should be blank...what is the cntrl key now...without putting even your work center...??

If still you are getting the cntrl key populated, there might be some exit that is being used to populate the cntrl key...ideally in standard it should be blank...if both order type default and work center default are not coming into picture..

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when I did more investigation I found one field box = "First operation" in mntc order screen. Default value in that field is PM01. If I change that field to PM02 problem getting solved.

But this should be done manually.

Could you tell me where we can maintain this field in configuration-
either leave this field blank or should auto filled from work Center control key.

Thank you

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Why there is no technical object (functional location or equipment) assigned in the work order ?

Work order will gets updated from Work center default control only. If you have assigned the work center in technical objects, it will overcome the config you do in OIO6.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check config node - PMCS - Maintenance order - Function and setting for order type- Control key - Maintain default value for control key for order types. Check what is setting for order type PM02.

If you maintain control ley in this setting system will fetch control key from there.

If you do not maintain control key in this setting system make mandatory at order header at first operation.

If you maintain control key in work center then system fetch control key from work center.

There is no other way system will auto populate different control key if settings are not made or changed manually.

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating order with out referring to any Tech object. so I am manually entering WC to order.

In OIO6 I removed the default key assignment of control key PM01 to order type PM02.

But still the field in first operation box getting populated with PM01.

Thank you

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the assignment for Order type PM02. It was control key PM01.

I removed that assignment and made control key= blank.

But still I am getting PM01 auto populated at field control key in first operation tab.

issue is still there..

thank you

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

I am not sure on the usage of create a maintenance order which is not related to any Technical Object or Assembly.

May be you need to logoff SAP and login to check each case

Try to check different cases like,

1. Remove the control key from work center  and from OIO6 ,check whether any thing getting populated in the order

2. Default the control key only in OIO6 and check whether it gets the default in header operation

3. Default the control key only in Work centre and see how it behaves.

If the control key is not maintained in OIO6, it will be blank in work order. If both are maintained priority will be work centre.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated user specific setting at order level?

Check default value settings for order in IW32 tcode.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The main purpose of control key is for an operation is to determine the business function that we need to carry out and how we want to handle the operations of a maintenance order .

We need to consider the most important parameters while creating a control key.

1) Capacity planning,

2) Costing

3)external processing

4) completion confirmation

Kindly read the SAP help document fro your better understanding of control keys functionality for TASK LIST and maintenance order processing

Control Key - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

Control key PM01 :

This control key is used to for our internal activities for MAIN WORKCENTERS.

Control key PM02 :

If you create an operation using control key PM02 a normal goods receipt of the resulting PO will act as the confirmation of the operation.

The process flow is then PR->PO->GR->IR

Control key PM03:

With a PM03 control key you will see a new Services sub-tab at operation level. Here you can enter multiple services of different UOM.

A PM03 requires the creation or selection of a Service Package, this then requires a service entry sheet to Confirm the delivery, Transaction code: ML81N

The process flow is then PR->PO->SES->IR

In your case kindly check the settings made at node:

and also check your main workcenter  master data in tab "default values"

Regards,

pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is default control key setting for work order? PM01 or PM02?

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you mean at transaction OIZV?

At OIZV->Default Values Tab-> Control Key field-> " Nothing is maintained.( field is blank)"

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If nothing is maintain in that setting and you have defaulted control key in work center then system should fetch data from work center, else at header level operation details where you see first operation details system will ask to input control key.