cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to managed nested row axis member.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

With respect to my previous problem, I am now able to add member in a row axis. But when it comes to a multiple dimensions use in rows axis if I select member second times it created nested row axis combination on the basis of the member selected in the row axis.

Now my current reporting scenario where I use four dimension in row axis so when I select second time dimension member from drop down it created nested row axis member,by this way report look like very odd and it increased the size of report very huge.

So my question is that, if there is any way by which I can limit the nested row axis combination.

Regards

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your EMPLOYEE dimension has properties like TYPE and CC filled with corresponding EMPLOYEE_TYPE and COST_CENTER you can link EMPLOYEE_TYPE and COST_CENTER dimensions to the properties of EMPLOYEE.

Then adding EMPLOYEE member will result in the single line. No other way.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Manually maintain cost center and Emp.type is very problematic, some times employee are transferred from one cost centre to  another cost center,second problem is that there is around 7-8 thousand total head count manually added property value took much more time,it also problematic when new employee added to head count so every time maintain properties is not possible.

I want to know is there any way by which we can managed this problem.

Mayur

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no API that will simulate EPM Insert Member menu option to insert line with multi dimension row axis. After AddMemberToRowAxis and Refresh the report will always be symmetric.

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mayur,

Another way you can achieved this without using VBA  but I am not sure  the procedure acceptable or not.First you need to create  simple report select dimension in row axis ,in row axis select 4 dimension select  single member with relationship member only. Create drop down in report below the member , remember create drop down  using  EPM function, dimension property value by this way you can create dynamic drop down ,copy the drop down  below the entire row ,activate the member recognition option from tools then option, sheet tab option, starting selection from right to left as per screen short , this way you can avoided symmetric  report also.

Khokan