cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What needs to be done for decommisioning of maintenance plant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

here the requirement is,   sap plant maintenance - one of the maintenacne plant is being decommissioned.    this plant will be sold to the another party.

the selling party is  running with sap pm   and buying part also has sap installed in their company.

what are the activities to be done for decommisioning of maintenance plant

x is a company - selling company

y is a company - buying company.

x is also having other maintenance plants as well.

only one maintenance plant and 4 other production plants are being sold to "y"

From pm perspective , what needs to be done. ?

do i need to rename the  maintenance plant and maintenance planning plant  as  "NOT IN USE " in the enterprise structrue path.

do i need to remove the master data of this maintenance plant. ?

or only make it as inactive ?

Please share your thoughts in this.

thanks in advance

regards

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is Company-Y is also under your client with respect to SAP ? I mean all company codes under one client.This activity is just like creating a plant code under new company -Y.

I suggest you to approach SAP by raising an incident so that you need to plan many critical cutover activities.Kindly consider in all integration aspects also while assigning existing plant to other company codes.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

if i can understand you case i feel like the plant is not completely decommissioned as even the buyer is using SAP system.

if they are willing to go ahead maintaining the same plant into their System they will introduce the same Plant level setting into their System, as far you are selling it you will be decommissioning it(if my understanding is not wrong).

below are the applicable points that we have to review and take measures on at the time of Plant decommission

1.Look for the Order Types assigned to the Plant

2.Work orders(Open Orders) that are in CRTD status has to to be set to DO NOT EXECUTE status

3.Work Orders(Open Orders) that are in REL status has to be set to TECO and then to CLSD.

4.Task list that are Created at the Plant level has to be set to Deletion Flag

5.Measuring Pointers has to be deleted if any created for the Equipment’s that fall under that plant.

6.Strategy strategies that are created under the Plant having the Maintenance Plans has to be set with Deletion Indicators

7.Preventive Plans that are created under Maintenance Plant has to be set with Deletion Indicators.(LSMW suggestible)

8.Maintenance Plan Scheduling has to be stopped

9.Equipment’s Created under the Plant has to be set to Deletion Indicator

10.Functional Locations that are present in Plant has to be deleted.

11. Work Center has to be set with Deletion Indicators

12.User Exists or Enhancements that are written at the Plant level checks has to be identified and removed at ABAP Program level

13.WORKFLOW should be  stopped underlying in the batch jobs(if any scheduled)

14.to make sure all the WO's are settled

Gurus, please feel free to add/correct the above points.