cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent the stock from getting confirmed against a particular STO, while creating an order ?

0 Kudos

The business scenario is such that, suppose there is a stock of 100 Qty available & the users create 10 STO's of 10 Qty each. Now the 11th STO is created again with 10 Qty and then delivery is attempted to be created for the 11th STO, the system will not allow the delivery & an error message is issues that "Available Qty is 0". This happens because the 100 Qty of the stock is confirmed against the previous STO's.

The business requirement is such that there should be flexibility to create delivery for any STO and if the qty in that STO is less that the available qty then the delivery should be allowed irrespective of the quantity confirmed against other STO's

Please let me know if there is any configuration to disable the quantity confirmation while creating the STO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapnil,

??? First you asked one question, then you seemed to ask another.

Do you want to allow unlimited creation of STO confirmations, or do you wish to allow unlimited creation of STO deliveries?  Or both?  Or neither?

If you wish to allow delivery creation, even though the STO confirmation have fully occupied all the available supplies, then please show me your detailed configuration in OVZ9 for your deliveries.  Availability is from the material master, checking rule is 'B' for MakeToStock.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Sorry for the confusion, i want to allow delivery creation, even though the STO confirmation have fully occupied all the available supplies.

I have provided a dummy screenshot of the OVZ9 config. Let me know if more details are required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapnil,

The OVZ9 you have provided is for the PP checking rule.  Deliveries cannot use this rule; deliveries for Make to Stock use rule B.  This rule is hard-coded in SAP delivery creation software.

I will assume that you are using rule PP for the STOs; please confirm.  This knowledge may become useful, depending on what I find out about your Delivery Creation OVZ9 config.

Please display the OVZ9 for the B rule.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

DB49,

we are using PP checking rule for STOs. Is there any config change available to achieve the desired result ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapnil,

Yes it is available.  This is a common business requirement.  But, it is not invoked during STO availability check.  It is invoked during Delivery creation.  (VL10B or similar). 

When an STO is created, generally an ATP is performed, which confirms that the STO can be executed.  This is where, in your system, PP checking rule is used (most companies create a special rule for STOs).  During ATP, a confirmed date and confirmed quantity is generated for the STO.

At a later point during the life of the STO, a delivery is created, in order to allow shipment of the STO to its destination.  The delivery is created with reference to the STO.  At this point, the system performs another ATP check.  This is the one we need to modify.  Your business requirement, as I understand it, is that you want the Delivery to be created, even though your STOs have 'used up' all the availability.

Please show me your current OVZ9 for B checking rule.  This is what needs to be changed.  Once I see it, I will make suggestions as to what you need to change there.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Please find the OVZ9 screenshot for checking rule "B".

Also would like to add that one constrain is that, we want to enable this behaviour only for few specific plants. So making changes in "B" checking rule would affect all the plants according to me. Let me know if thats correct and also if there is any other solution to this.

In any case please let me know the configuration changes required in checking rule "B".

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapnil,

Hmm.  The textual descriptions in your screenshot do not match the contents of the fields.

Anyhow, under "Include rel order reqs" change "A" to "blank".

Optionally, Deselect "Include Sales requirements" if you are also worried about sales docs preventing STOs from being delivered.

ATP settings are global.  The most common standard way to make them plant specific is by creating new ATP Checking groups, and assigning them to material masters as needed (material masters are plant specific). 

So, in your example above, create a new ATP checking group that is a copy of 02, say, "Z2", and then assign Z2 to the material masters in the plants where you want the new behavior.  Create entries in OVZ9 for Z2/B, Z2/PP, and any other checking rules you are currently using, to meet your business requirements.  This is a simplified explanation; you will have to develop a cutover plan to deal with the existing transactional data.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Thanks DB49, will try out the changes mentioned by you.

Answers (0)