cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VT01N screen config. issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using shipment cost route to bring values in GR for delivery costs.

When entering shipment doc. thro VT01N, in partner tab, user wants to change the configuration to enable "Function" as shown below.

I have removed "Invisible" tick against "Function". But, it is getting reset to Invisible after activate, close and save.

I thought it is due to authorization issue and requested Basis consultant to do the same. He also has the same issue.

User wants this as he wants to copy/paste values from a file instead of selecting partner function one by one from the drop down menu.

Can anyone guide me how to go about, please.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This very same table control is also used in other transactions. It is not possible to create a variant with a different setting since this control is hardcoded, see details in OSS note: 713246 - Partner overview screen:Variant table control does not work

The partner function field and partner number are the only 2 maintainable fields in this screen anyway.

The function field is the function that you see in the contact person screen of a customer master.

It is not the field partner function that you see in the background left of this pop-up in your screenshot.

And since this field partner function is already visible in your screenshot  I do not understand why  you think it is invisible and you have to remove the tick from the box.

You can further see in the pop-up the position of the func field, which is 47, which means it is the 47th field from the left.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for the guidance.

Partner function is already visible only. What we are looking for is to enable "Function".

The assumption of the user is that instead of selecting partner function one by one from the drop down menu, if we select Function, we can copy values from a file and paste it in VT01N screen just like a text. User's point is that there are 14 partner functions for each and every shipment document and this copy/paste will reduce some work. Hundreds of shipment documents are handled every day.

I am not used to this screen. But from your message, I guess, the user's assumption is not correct. This "Function" is only for customer master and not for VT01N screen. Even the modification option mentioned in the note 713246 will not have any effect in that case.

Request you to please confirm whether my current understanding is correct or not.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I give you a screenshot from a customer master contact screen to illustrate where the "function" is:

I still do not understand what you (or this user) think you can do with this function in VT01N?

Also I do not understand why there is somewhere an Excel sheet to copy the partners manually into the VT01N screen. This Excel sheet also needs to be maintained before one can copy and paste from it. So why no directly enter it in SAP?

A modification is nothing else than changing ABAP code and eventually standard dynpros, so it is depending on the capabilities of an ABAPer how much he can achieve, it is almost anything possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason is that almost 90% of shipments have same data (Partner function/partner combination) to be maintained in partner tab. Hence, user finds it easy to copy/paste from an excel file rather than selecting from drop down menu 14 times.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But why is it not determined via master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Can you please guide how partner functions could be automatically determined in shipment document?

We have a similar requirement.

Best regards,

Mayuresh

Answers (0)