Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly posted asset depreciation for fiscal year

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

The client wrongly posted the depreciation for the fiscal year 2014-15 till Jan ( posting period 10 ) as his fiscal year variant is V3 as per the Asset depreciation percentage value.

Now the client wants to change the same as per the companies act which is depreciation as per the Asset Useful life.

The client is following both Written Down Value and Straight Line Method for different Assets. The FI periods are opened only for the month of JAN and FEB which is period 10 & 11 Periods.

The Assets periods are opened for the 2014 and 2015,

So, I would be creation 2 depreciation keys one for the SLM AND WDV as per the new companies act. But how to correct the wrongly posted depreciation. Any help on this is really appreciated.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

1. Create the New Dep Keys - Am sure you know this

2. Change the Dep Keys in asset masters - LSMW or Asset Mass Change

3. Do AFAR

4. Post AFAB -

Once you do AFAB, the delta depreciation based on Old &  revised dep key will be posted in           the same     month or will be spread over remaining periods of the year depending on your           setting in OAYR  (Smoothing ON or OFF)

Ajay M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

First close the asset fiscal year 2014, then after create a new dep.keys and maintain the same in existing assets by LSMW. After that run AFAR for all the assets, once you run depreciation planned run in Feb month or repeat run in Jan month, the difference between old and new dep.keys will get posted. If you are open the fiscal year 2014, then the system wont allow you to close the year until you post the delta depreciation for the year.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

After following the steps mentioned by Ajay above you may have to implement the Note:646691 if the

posting periods are closed for 2014 & 15. I see, that you mentioned they are opened for 2014 & 15, I

wonder why?

Anyway, the above issue should  resolved by defining the new key and applying it to the assets.

Regards,

Sudhakar*