cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using spool server name in tasking target field in LOMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured an external OMS which uses rfc server based ROMS. For rfc server based ROMS, we need to manually enter the rfc destination name in "Tasking Target" field of LOMS.

By default, for Tasking Target field, we see the existing spool server list for selection. If I select the default spool server, LOMS does not work.

rfc error log:

======================================================

ABAP Programm: RSPOWP00 (Transaction: )

Called function module: OMS_START_JOB

User: (Client: 800)

Destination: VMSAPERP60_MU1_00 (Handle: 1, DtConId: E2B3D0E55BC5F1D9AB0800155D00160A, DtConCnt: 1, ConvId: 92407791,{E2B3D0E5-5BC5-F1DA-AB08-0015

EPP TransactionId:

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in D:/depot/bas/742_REL/src/krn/rfc/abrfcpic.c : 3767

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV', communication rc: CM_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR (cmRc=20), taskhandler rc: C_TIMEOUT (thRc=456)

Timeout during connection setup (check that partner exists)

Error RFCIO_ERROR_MESSAGE in D:/depot/bas/742_REL/src/krn/rfc/abrfcio.c : 2004

<* RfcReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

<* RfcCallReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

spool error log:

The host spool is reporting errors

RFC error at job submit: CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV', communication rc: CM_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR (cmRc=20), taskhandler rc: C_TIMEOUT (thRc=456)#Timeout during connection setup;

)

The operating system is reporting problems

Failed to connect to host spool. Error rfc submit not supported

Errors occurred processing this print request

Error during print request output. l_rc = 1

There may be no printout

====================================================

I would like to know,

1. In LOMS, why the rfc destination list are not shown in "tasking Target" browsing list?

2. Can we use the existing spool server for tasking target?

2. If we must use the rfc destination, how to make it appear in tasking target browsing list?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I assume this is  an inconsistency in the SPAD UI (the fact that you cannot find any RFC destinations from SM59 included in the input help for that field).

If jobs get submitted to the OMS via RFC from SAP spooler, you need to specify a valid RFC destination as "tasking target". This must not be one of the SAP spool servers as the RFC goes to the outside world (the OMS RFC server).

Can you try to input your RFC destination name there, save the LOMS and check if it works?

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex

Thanks for the response.

Entering the RFC destination name manually in LOMS tasking target using SAP GUI, works fine. The spool is processed.

BUT, when I am trying to create LOMS with an rfc function SXMI_XOM_LOMS_CREATE, the parameter CMDSERVER only accepts spool server name, not the rfc destination.

If I use the RFC destination name as the value of CMDSERVER, the rfc function fails with “UNKNOWN START INSTANCE.

You mention that its an inconsistency that in SPAD UI, RFC destination names do not appear, any solution for that?

How can we use the rfc function in a good way then? Perhaps any alternative fucntion module which can correctly take rfc destination name as parameter?

warm regards

Michel