cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 601 _ X Q L _ V)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

after getting this error I wanted to update table T156SC with this entry but before I did I saw in some posts that apparently this entry is not correct.

this error was triggered when we tried posting a non-valuated material in a project stock, using transaction VL02N.

Can someone help me understand why adding this setting to the table is incorrect? and what type of problem can it cause?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(entry 601 _ X Q L _ V)

601 is goods issue against sales order

_ means no value posting

X means quantity posting

Q means it is special stock, project stock

L stands for  delivery

_ means no receipt

V means Consumption (neutral)

As it is a goods issue of project stock it should instead of V  either be blank for No Consumption or P for consumption against project.

So the question "why did SAP determine V instead of P or blank" is left to be answered.

I guess you have valuated project stock which collides with your non-valuated material

There is a SAP note 724108 - VL02N: M7 226: Update control of movement type incorrect

But this note is not valid anymore and was cancelled with note 852064

But there is no visible note with a solution or explanation for this case. Somewhere is said that there is pilot note 927397 which addresses this case. Unfortunately one can only get to pilot notes by opening a call at the support desk.  From the number is pretty old, maybe it did also not have a satisfying solution. Maybe you can convince SAP to issue a KBA about this case to explain why this V is determined and what workaround can be used.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well explanatory details Mr.Jurgen Sir. But it is an unusual error occurs in quite sometime. Here you

had pointed out in clear and precise manner.  It's only solid base people like you answer in a right

way. Others I don't think so, It means that they need to put more efforts on issue ( deep dig approach).

Thanks for your fantastic answer!!

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to give an update to this discussion.

I have opened an incident with SAP and this is their reply:

lets hope it works

Please implement the SAP Note 1016862.

Please take into account that the note seems not to be translated

correctly into English brought a little confusion. When you switch to

the German version, you'll find the entries also for table T156SY.

Make the following new entries in table T156SY:

Field  ContentsBUSTR"601"WERTU" "MENGU"X"SOBKZ"Q"KZBEW"L"KZZUG"

"KZVBR"V"BUSTW" "BUSTM"MAQ1"XLORT"X"XOWST"

"QSSHK_S"05"QSSHK_H"02"VRGNG_S"PMS1"VRGNG_H"PMS5"FieldContentsBUSTR"601"WERTU" "MENGU" "SOBKZ"Q"KZBEW"L"KZZUG" "KZVBR"V"BUSTW"

"BUSTM"MAQ1"XLORT"X"XOWST"

"QSSHK_S"05"QSSHK_H"02"VRGNG_S"PMS1"VRGNG_H"PMS5"FieldContentsBUSTR"641"WERTU" "MENGU" "SOBKZ"Q"KZBEW"L"KZZUG" "KZVBR"V"BUSTW"

"BUSTM"MAUQ"XLORT"X"XOWST" "QSSHK_S"

"QSSHK_H"02"VRGNG_S"PMSU"VRGNG_H"PMSD"FieldContentsBUSTR"641"WERTU"

"MENGU"X"SOBKZ"Q"KZBEW"L"KZZUG" "KZVBR"V"BUSTW"

"BUSTM"MAUQ"XLORT"X"XOWST" "QSSHK_S"

"QSSHK_H"02"VRGNG_S"PMSU"VRGNG_H"PMSD"

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can explain which scenarios you are working, for where system showing error message.

Just cross check t.code:OMWN or table T156X Trans./Event Key Modification - any entries missing!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Vivek and thank you for your post.

My question is not how to do that but why I should not.

I have read the posts you are posting here and in fact it is the first one that says that adding this possibility to the table is incorrect. But does not explain why.

my question is not how to do that but am I allowed to? and if not why? and if I do what are the consequences?

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

well. The problem which you facing is that missing settings from standard. Therefore inorder to maintain an entry in table T156SC for movement type 601, which you've already check in OMJJ.

So check the table again for movement type 601.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alisa,

Check OMJJ , Mov Type 601 , go to left box click on update movement type/wm movement type, check special stock 'q' and consumption 'V' is present or not.

and also Kindly, check below answered thread.

error on goods issue - "Update control of movement type...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3194594

Update control of movement type incorrect

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1383230 - Assumed  answered

Kindly let me know further concern.

Thanks,

Vivek