cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building block problems when creating label template in GLManagement (EHS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

As I am very new to handle EHS ticket, client is facing issue while creating building block in GLMas per below steps.Kindly help to resolve the issue.

1.Transaction CG42,

2.Press the blue arrow to fill the building block.

3.and Got the confirmation BB has been changed as below.

4.in CV04N , able to see the building block.

5.The system creates a DIR but it’s empty and no original is created .as below

6. when trying to use the BBlock,system gives a 'warning message' that the BB does not contain any data as below .

Thanks in advance ,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your Suggestions.

As we discussed before, this is not an issue with Authorization and as Mark said this is an issue with DMS Config(Data Carriers and Storage Location).

I debugged and as a work around, I came to a solution to maintain User Parameter (TPL_BBLKPATH) with Value : C:\Temp.

(Root Cause : As system was not able to find the storage to save the Original Files.Only Document is created and not the original.)

Then Original Files are Created in Document as well as you can see the Report Symbols in Include(Building Block Template). This will solve the issue.

But Still I am investigating, why the System was not able to track the Data Carrier(server,front end) and Storage Location which I maintained in DMS Configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Nara/Vignesh

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nara/Vingesh,

What really is strange, is the fact that you can store "normal" WWI templates with the document type "SBV" - but apparently not building blocks that seem to be stored with document type "SBV" as well.

Maybe the "building block" documents have another file extension that is currently not allowed for the data carrier or document type "SBV".

Hope this helps

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nara/Vingesh

suggestion of Mark is worth to lookdeeper. E.g. can you check this Extension file to Document type for DMS | SCN

Personally if have no real experience in using this new feature in SAP

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

in your second screen short message is show as "Building block does not contains data"; and I believe this is the issue. Technically the system has generated "something" in DMS; but it an "empty" document. And then you get "follow up" errors.

C.B.

PS: please check e.g. Creation and Use of Building Blocks - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

And may be:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik

let us differentiate your topic in two subtopics.

1.) is there a WWI document stored in DMS

2.) and can the document be used to print data

a.) I do not have personal experience with the "building block" approach. But it seems to be that the layout is saved as "SBV" document type; as this type is the same for any WWI report: I have no clue why you can not see the document in document managemnet system (either as such or the orginal one); I assume you checked "SU53" and there is no access error?

b.) If you would like to use the layout you need to "share" data so that in the "print" preview you will get something; which data did you enter? According to the screen; you are using a "matnr" symbol; did you enter the data via screen? You did not indicate what you have done there; please explain

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C.B,

I am also currently facing the same issue.

The above issue is not with respect to Symbols in WWI. Even if we try to add(insert or copy) images (Graphics) or Descriptor Symbols to Building Blocks, originals are not created in document.

When I insert symbols or data to Building Block. I get confirmation message.

But, the building block template(INC*) does not have the data copied(Blank Template). I am not sure why the data which copied in building block is not showing in template. If I add data manually(in Building Block - INC* Template) then original is created in Building Block.

Main Authorization object required is 'C_EHSR_TPL'. I already have access to the Role(SAP_EHS_RDF_TEMPLATE_EXPERT).

Also importantly i can see a temporary file with data (Building Block0.doc-BuildingBlock Template and lehslay0-Main Template) created in my PC (C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp).

Hi Karthik,

Were you able to solve the above mentioned issue.

Can you please provide me a solution if the issue is already resolved.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Nara Moor

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nara,

Can you run report "RC14SXDVSCHECK" (See OSS Note 1156981 - Test program for EH&S document management) in order to check if your DMS settings for EHS are all correct?

Check with SU53 for authorization issues well.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I executed the Report mentioned. I did not get any issues.

Shown below SU53 screen. Just a thought, Do I require Authorization to 'S_DATASET' - Write Access or Do I have to do anything in IMG 'Define Workstation Applications'?

Workstation Applications in Network(Application : WWI).

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Nara Moor

Message was edited by: nara moor

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nara,

The authorization object S_DEVELOP within CG42 looks strange. I think there is an unexpected error happening - and therefore the system runs on a break-point - but you can not see the code because you don't have the necessary rights...

I think the error is DMS related - or you need an OSS note.

What happens if you try to attach / "check in" an RTF file to the created Document Info Record (DIR) via TR CV02N? Does that work?

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

If I attach .doc file to Document, I get same error as 'No data is included in Building Block'.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moor,

Extremely sorry.

As the issue was reported by our client & we were unable to answer at that time.

We have escalated to next level,no response here from long back.

We reply you,whenever we find the appropriate solution.

Regards,

Karthik

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nara / Vignesh,

Can you try with an RTF file that contains some text?

Thanks

Mark