cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Report - Most Used Universe Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, one of our HRA users want to know the most used universe objects in a an audit report.

As per my knowledge, audit does not store such granular information. But, however, I would like to get some expert advises on this.

Does anyone throw some light on this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of BO are you in? If you are in BI 4.1 you should be able to grab this information from the Audit sample provided here.

Just go ahead and tweak this report (15. USA4 - Usage - Universe Objects usage)

Thanks

Mani

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you Mani for mentioning my Audit Universe and Documents. Although I've build that report 'USA4' for determining the universe object usage, it only works with Crystal Reports for Enterprise. If you look at my blog post there is a summary of issues including one that mentions that the objects are not captured in the audit database when Web Intelligence documents are refreshed. This will fixed. When iy is fixed my document 'USA4' will then start to work. There's nothing wrong with my universe or documents, its a defect in the auditing. Follow my blog for updates!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both, Mani and Matthew. I will note this.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some 3rd party tools available to extract the information. tools like 360, APOS you might need to consider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jawarh,

Thanks, but is this not acheivable through the conventional audit and reports.

I did spend some time on the audit universe, but that did not help me.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. That is true.