cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations for Financial Accounting - show several error messages + field BUZEI

markus_jarasch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have created a validation for Financial Accounting->Line Item (GGB0) with several steps. Works fine with two exceptions:

1) For one line (BSEG) the validation stops after the first failed check. That's fine for e.g. FB01. In our business case we are using BAPI "BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK" (that also calls the validation at some point) and would like to display all failed checks for a document at once. Currently the user has to check the data, fix the input data (that caused the 1st failed check), check again, fix the input data (for the 2nd failed check) and so on until finally all checks have been passed for one line.

2) Is there any easy workaround (e.g. enhancement) to get the line item number (BSEG-BUZEI)? This field is not filled in the checks, thus the error message can't contain information on which line has caused the error.

Thanks,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_jarasch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

thanks for your input.

1) I'm not concerned that the Validation itself will be faulty - that is tested before it is set productive, of course. In our business case we have created an FI interface and the files that are processed can be huge (500.000 lines or more). So in case there are some errors (e.g. after a merge of companies account settings might have been changed) it is quite tedious to correct one error, try again, correct the next error and so on. However looking at the coding I agree that validation is designed exactly that way.

2) If anybody has already done that task I would be quite grateful on tips on how to achieve it. I already have one solution but that involves a modification of function group ACC9, form-routine CHECK_COBL: Right after LOOP AT IT_ACCIT... I save the tabix to memory. But I hope there is a more elegant solution.

Regards,

Markus

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

1) Validation will issue the Error one by one. The moment it encounters a failed check, it will return the Error. that cant be changed in my opinion

Well, you will move a Validation only after Proper testing. So the users dont have to wrestle the Validation every day

2) The best way would be to debug. You can put a breakpoint and then debug

You can find out by debugging G_VSR_VALIDATION_CALL. Refer to point ' 3. How can I use the Debugger to analyze a problem?' in note 842318

Ajay M