Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The records are rejected before BPC endroutine

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wrote an endroutine for extracting actual data .Endroutine is supposed to be the last step before the records are added to the cube however as far as I see , BPC first rejects the records that are not available in master data and then I can do something with the remaining records in endroutine.Is this normal?Is there any parameter or stg that should be set?I am writing the code below:

if ir_data is not initial.

* Assign importing data reference to field symbol
     assign ir_data->* to <lt_data_im>.
* Create work area for importing data
     create data lo_dataref like line of <lt_data_im>.
     assign lo_dataref->* to <ls_data>.
* Create new internal table for exporting data
     create data lo_dataref like table of <ls_data>.
     assign lo_dataref->* to <lt_data_ex>.

loop at <lt_data_im> assigning <ls_data>.

endloop.

Before this loop, I realised that there are thousands of missing records in the table <lt_data_im> then  I see the log and understand that they were already rejected before this code was executed.Is there something wrong with the code?I think I should not write start routine for this because, we still have one step , I still should be able to modify the records before they are rejected?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to either use Start routine (as Andy suggested) or set VALIDATION = OFF in your transformation file.

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Actually this was what I meant.I must have a chance before they are rejected this solves the problem.

However, is there any objection to have this parameter as 'NO ' ?I mean the records will be rejected even after endroutine executed right? What I only need is they are not rejected before they are not written to the cube and I think it works like that.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, records with wrong members won't be written to the Model in any case. What this setting does it defers that check from transformation to write-back.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Güneş,

Start routine is called once the data is read from the source and ready to be transformed and converted.

End routine is called once transformation and conversions are done.

If you skipping records or some of the records has error then those records will be in the rejected list before your end routine.

What do you want to do in your end routine?

Andy